Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #61
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default Re: the rain!!

i do ^
evesham is flooding aswell you know, and im pretty close to the other places, and i just feel pretty sorry for all the people who have been hit badly

Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #62
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
I thought you lived in Evesham Dude_se i was watching the news the other night and they shown the flooding all around the UK . I have been away on holiday since friday . Went to north wales . The journey there was terrible .Even though we went by motorway the max we ever reached was 50-60 as the rain was so bad and so visibility was realy bad so my dad didnt wanna push it too much .so it took maybe 2 hours longer than expected .Then saturday morning it looked very clear but it started raining later . Than sunday it did the same then today it was ok . It started raining lightly but nevertheless we got back pretty quickly as we got some pretty quiet patches of motorway so we managed 70-80 and the traffic only started as we got say 10miles out from manchester .There is no flooding in manchester but i hope everyone else stays safe during the floods
He does live there, & didn't you see my sympathetic posts to him?

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #63
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
i do ^
evesham is flooding aswell you know, and im pretty close to the other places, and i just feel pretty sorry for all the people who have been hit badly
Yeah some places have no clean running water at all .Other people have lost homes and businesses . people ave also lost pets and i dunno if anyone has died as i have been on holiday so i havent been keeping up with the news as much . The weather on friday though was terrible so i am not suprized there are more floods . I mean on the motorway we could not see much . And every time a lorry went past you got covered in spray it was a pretty scary experience

Yeah i know brook it is a pretty scary time wondering if you are about to get flooded or not overnight
Old 07-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #64
Golden Master

atleast ive got more hours at the supermarket i suppose. got 1800 in my car fund now
Old 07-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #65
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
atleast ive got more hours at the supermarket i suppose. got 1800 in my car fund now
better make that a boat if the floods continue . I was just looking thorough them pictures and didn't realize how bad it relay was as the news didn't show too much and i wasn't exactly paying too much attention whilst on holiday
Old 07-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #66
Golden Master

Quote:
Yeah some places have no clean running water at all .Other people have lost homes and businesses . people ave also lost pets and i dunno if anyone has died as i have been on holiday so i havent been keeping up with the news as much . The weather on friday though was terrible so i am not suprized there are more floods . I mean on the motorway we could not see much . And every time a lorry went past you got covered in spray it was a pretty scary experience

Yeah i know brook it is a pretty scary time wondering if you are about to get flooded or not overnight
I put that in the reply to your PM, ie, never any floods where I live, tell you what, for every foot of water I get inside my bungalow due to flooding [not from burst pipes] I'll send you 2000.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:43 PM   #67
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
I put that in the reply to your PM, ie, never any floods where I live, tell you what, for every foot of water I get inside my bungalow due to flooding [not from burst pipes] I'll send you 2000.
You got yourself a deal there . I want 2 grand in cash if your home floods . Nah only joking i dont wish flooding on anyone its terrible thing to happen . you loose everything if your town floods
Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #68
Golden Master

our town flooded a few years back aswell, the ground cant handle this extra rain due to that aswell
Old 07-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #69
Golden Master

Quote:
You got yourself a deal there . I want 2 grand in cash if your home floods . Nah only joking i dont wish flooding on anyone its terrible thing to happen . you lose everything if your town floods
The reason I was so confident was because I live in a small village overlooking the market town of Newport 5 miles away, that town lies in a natural "bowl", & all the surrounding [beautiful!] countryside, & villages look down on it.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #70
Golden Master

sounds quite nice
although where i live is meant to be nice. i guess its because live there and know the dark parts so it isnt so nice