Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #41
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to CompMan
Default Re: Radar Detectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOwner View Post
I have an IS250. It's probably the best combination of luxury, gas mileage, and performance in a car.
Nah, the Mazda RX8 is the best combo, of luxury, performance, and gas mileage.

--objects in rearview get smaller with each shift--
CompMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:10 AM   #42
Golden Master

But it's a Mazda though. I don't know about how luxurious they are but I'm more looking for reliability too. Performance wise, the RX-8 are ok. I can't do a search now because I'm downloading like 6 movies right now. Everything else is crawling if I do a search. I don't know how much the RX-8 cost either. That's what I wanted to look up. Plus, the insurance would be high because it's a sports car.

There are many reasons why I did not choose the RX-8. Just the Mazda name alone is enough for me not to buy their cars. I'm a Toyota person because of their legendary reliability, quality service, and excellent management (TQM). I would even consider buying a Scion tC before I would jump on a Mazda RX-8 or even their Mazda 3 hatchback. Get a stock tC and spend another 2-3 grand to get their supercharger. Get that thing up to 200+ HP.

My sister called me a few month back and wanted my recommendation for a Mazda 6. OMG, I told her no. So she got a BMW 330xi, lol. Talk about an upgrade.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:19 AM   #43
Golden Master

Quote:
I'm somewhere between 10-60 years old, let's put it that way. I'll let you guys use your imagination.
That's easy then, no strain on the imagination there then, 57 - 59 lol, a pos rep for me if I guessed correctly.......deal?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #44
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompMan View Post
Nah, the Mazda RX8 is the best combo, of luxury, performance, and gas mileage.
ahaha yeah right..a mazda shouldn't even be put in the luxury department, seconds it one of the most unreliable cars ever..The is250 is the perfect car, although I'm not crazy about what the car costs.

ahha come down to philly and we can have a lil race iso..start making ur bets guys..

VS.

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #45
Fully Optimized

Quote:
I have an IS250. It's probably the best combination of luxury, gas mileage, and performance in a car.
I agree. I think Lexus makes very nice cars, and they're a pretty good value. They're reliable, packed with features, perform well and are reliable.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #46
Golden Master

Mazda's just don't stand out to me. Their RX-7 is legendary, but they're RX-8 is just so-so or ehhhh at the worse compared to the RX-7.

Besides the Lexus, you also know what I love about the dealership? They have free continental breakfast, lol. Eggs, sausage, toast, etc. All the juice you can drink, hot chocolate, sodas, danishes, etc., etc. Plus, you get free rental (loaner) cars when your car is in the shop. Your pick of any Lexus (upon availability of course). I'm going to get the LS if I can next. They have XM radio in their lounge, wireless internet all over their building, and they even have a Subway, Starbucks in the next building down!!!!

The car price are a steep but not as steep as the Mercedes or BMW dealers. Lexus is Japanese so the cost is much lower. Mine only cost $29,400 for the IS. Not bad. Most Toyota Camrys are around $26-27000 for a loaded car.

Infiniti's are right up there with Lexus too but I feel the quality of Lexus overshadows the Infiniti/Nissan.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #47
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35x View Post
ahaha yeah right..a mazda shouldn't even be put in the luxury department, seconds it one of the most unreliable cars ever..The is250 is the perfect car, although I'm not crazy about what the car costs.
Mmmm, n-i-c-e, is that you at the wheel?, looks about the right age I think, I've forgotten how how old you are?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #48
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
That's easy then, no strain on the imagination there then, 57 - 59 lol, a pos rep for me if I guessed correctly.......deal?
As far as my age goes, that's off a bit.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #49
Golden Master

Quote:
Mazda's just don't stand out to me. Their RX-7 is legendary, but they're RX-8 is just so-so or ehhhh at the worse compared to the RX-7.

Besides the Lexus, you also know what I love about the dealership? They have free continental breakfast, lol. Eggs, sausage, toast, etc. All the juice you can drink, hot chocolate, sodas, danishes, etc., etc. Plus, you get free rental (loaner) cars when your car is in the shop. Your pick of any Lexus (upon availability of course). I'm going to get the LS if I can next. They have XM radio in their lounge, wireless internet all over their building, and they even have a Subway, Starbucks in the next building down!!!!

The car price are a steep but not as steep as the Mercedes or BMW dealers. Lexus is Japanese so the cost is much lower. Mine only cost $29,400 for the IS. Not bad. Most Toyota Camrys are around $26-27000 for a loaded car.

Infiniti's are right up there with Lexus too but I feel the quality of Lexus overshadows the Infiniti/Nissan.
It seems the RX8 has excellent write-ups though, unfortunately the Google links are all British sites so I don't know if this link will work for you, but there is a link there that will take you to where you want.

www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/RX8
Old 08-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #50
Golden Master

Quote:
As far as my age goes, that's off a bit.
Damn, there goes my rep! [lol], I don't mind people knowing my age, I'm 76.