Radar Detectors

Holy crap you have got to be kidding me. 50km over :eek: (31miles for you American folk). I guess they are more strict in Alberta then out east. You may want to be careful, one day you might get burnt.

Naah I did it, but many people were going faster. The QEW in Ontario can be crazy at night in some parts. I am far more careful now, don't ever go above 130.

on the subject of the thread in england road angels are really good.

but as for the speeding thing in england we have a 70Mph speed limit on the motorway,

but its kinda weird coz its 70Mph on the 3 lane motorway and yet the outside lane is for overtaking ?

how can u overtake a car doing 70 while your doin 70 ????

so they kinda expect you to be speeding but its a pain in the ass while driving through the new average speed cameras.
As you know I live in England, I think you'll find that it's 40mph nearside lane, middle lane 50 - 55mph, o/taking lane 70mph, what is deadly is in heavy rain & you're in the middle lane doing a steady 55, with a continuous stream of 6 & 8 wheel artics o/taking you at 70, throwing up a bow wave which swamps your car, you have to keep your wipers at fast wipe, last month a friend drove me 120 miles on motorways & it didn't stop raining once, we only managed two coffee & snack breaks dring the whole journey, it was frightening!!

The fastest "legal" posted speed here in the US is 75mph. I've seen that on highways around the country. When it says 75, I go 85, lol. Oh, I've been faster. I had to see what my car's limit was and it hit around 144ish mph before limiter kicks in.

Cobra and Valentine are pretty good..Radars are great, if they get you out of one ticket they pay them selves off..Although some cops now wait for u to come buy, and then turn the radar on.

The fastest "legal" posted speed here in the US is 75mph. I've seen that on highways around the country. When it says 75, I go 85, lol. Oh, I've been faster. I had to see what my car's limit was and it hit around 144ish mph before limiter kicks in.
I don't think British cars have limiters, I had my last car, a 2 litre, up to 115mph to see what it would do, what's yours a 3.5 supercharged?, you Americans seem to go for faster cars, & I don't see why, is it to shave ten minutes off a journey, or just a love of speed?

I've been through Texas quite a few times and the posted speed limit in some places is 80mph.

It's not supercharged. It's all motor and the need for speed. There's a craz here for hot cars and cars that go fast.

I posted this in another car forum, but the other day when I went to Ventura (to check out Patagonia), I saw a Porche GT3, an orange Lamborgini, and get this: I saw a DMC DeLorean!!! Yeah, with Mr. Fusion on top and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still waiting for my friend to send me the picts because he had a nice shot of all three cars. The GT3 was fast because it was swerving in and out of traffic.

I went 140mph just once and that was it. I'll push 90's once in awhile, but not often. I need to "free" up horsepower buy getting an exhaust system upgrade next.

Yeah my uncle does that... He's got radar. Out in Long Island near Jones inlet, theres this curvy section of highway... It's the best spot because theres no cops there. He owns a 24' boat. He has a Dodge Ram Daytona Pickup that he uses to trail the boat, and he always likes to see how much that truck can pull. Goes like 110mph on that road pulling the boat... So fun.

It's not supercharged. It's all motor and the need for speed. There's a craz here for hot cars and cars that go fast.

I posted this in another car forum, but the other day when I went to Ventura (to check out Patagonia), I saw a Porche GT3, an orange Lamborgini, and get this: I saw a DMC DeLorean!!! Yeah, with Mr. Fusion on top and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still waiting for my friend to send me the picts because he had a nice shot of all three cars. The GT3 was fast because it was swerving in and out of traffic.

I went 140mph just once and that was it. I'll push 90's once in awhile, but not often. I need to "free" up horsepower buy getting an exhaust system upgrade next.

What kinda car do you have??

Back
Top Bottom