R.I.P Patch

Our other cat lived to the fantastic age of 22, and she died from a tumour in her mouth, this was two years ago.

Brookfield said:
We had our our cat put down, a pet of 11 years, I got my neighbour to drive me to the vets, as I knew I'd be in no state to drive back, the worst bit was my wife asked me to bring his collar back, [it was a special cat collar], I couldn't bear to see him get the injection & I left the room, returning a few seconds later to get the collar, our beautiful cat was sitting there, the vet quickly hid the hypo behind his back as I took the collar off, & I was driven home in tears, this was over 20 years ago, & I still miss him, the collar with his name disc on is in a small ceramic jar, & I look at from time to time
Thats sad... the most I ever lost regarding pets was a black cat named shadow.. it died from cancer.. though I say I can't relate because I didn't like that cat... it liked to scratch me from time to time..

Brookfield said:
We had our our cat put down, a pet of 11 years, I got my neighbour to drive me to the vets, as I knew I'd be in no state to drive back, the worst bit was my wife asked me to bring his collar back, [it was a special cat collar], I couldn't bear to see him get the injection & I left the room, returning a few seconds later to get the collar, our beautiful cat was sitting there, the vet quickly hid the hypo behind his back as I took the collar off, & I was driven home in tears, this was over 20 years ago, & I still miss him, the collar with his name disc on is in a small ceramic jar, & I look at from time to time
I know exactly how that feels, I cried my eyes out when I lost my dog last summer after 16 years.

Tommy Boy said:
I know exactly how that feels, I cried my eyes out when I lost my dog last summer after 16 years.
Yes, but I was 50+, I wasn't embarrassed though, it was a very dear pet, the home just wasn't the same, he knew the time I got home from work, my wife told me that about 20 minutes before I arrived, the time I left work, he used to jump up on the window sill, & he'd be there when I drove in through the gates.

Man, i'm sorry about your loss man, i know what it feels like to lose a close member of the family. it's hard to let go, when they have been with you for so long, in good times & bad...Man's best friend.

Brookfield said:
Yes, but I was 50+, I wasn't embarrassed though, it was a very dear pet, the home just wasn't the same, he knew the time I got home from work, my wife told me that about 20 minutes before I arrived, the time I left work, he used to jump up on the window sill, & he'd be there when I drove in through the gates.
Wow, what a smart pet. :)

All my dog used to use was bark and jump whenever a car went down the road. :p

~mr mixx~ said:
Man's best friend.

so true..

its too quiet around here without him.. its so weird.. the first thing i did yesterday when i got in from work was look for him.. its so weird him not being there... he had been around since i was 4 years old..

alvino, i have on lizard at the moment.. got another one coming in aroundabout a week or so.. lil baby one.. that should help take my mind off it a bit, caring for the baby monitor..

thanks for the kind words everyone, this means alot to me..

mark thorpe said:
so true..

its too quiet around here without him.. its so weird.. the first thing i did yesterday when i got in from work was look for him.
I know of a dog that is Patch's twin, it belongs to one of the farmer's market stall holders, he's eleven, same breed, same colouration, I shall think of Patch each time I see him now, I know it's early days yet, but are your family thinking of getting another one?

eventually yeah.. but not yet, its still far too early.. i love jack russels, they have great personality..

Back
Top Bottom