quick question

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
Hi guys, hope you are doing well..

I'm confused now, I downloaded ASOT - A state of trance LIVE, and it's from a forums site called urtrancezone... and I am just wondering is this copyright to have the cd's in my car... a police man stopped me and found 50 cd's and I explained to him some made up bull, talking about it's my music I made lol.. and anyway he let me off but is their some law or is this allowed from the live concerts to be played in my car.

If anyone can find some info I will give a hugh thanks :) :lol:

I would suppose that if it's copyrighted material, it's illegal to have download on your computer or burnt to a cd. But if it's not copyrighted, then I'd say your fine. Weird that he would be interested in that. Good thing I never got pulled over when I was in high school, which by the way brings up an interesting question....why are you still using cd's...:lol:.

I would suppose that if it's copyrighted material, it's illegal to have download on your computer or burnt to a cd. But if it's not copyrighted, then I'd say your fine. Weird that he would be interested in that. Good thing I never got pulled over when I was in high school, which by the way brings up an interesting question....why are you still using cd's...:lol:.

lol, you're right on a good point, I could use a radio transmitter thing for the phone but I use my phone often for satnav as I travel alot.. so my cd's are full of concerts to and I hold quite a collection :) only ASOT Live concerts tho, nothing else.

if you illegally downloaded the CD's then you have no right to them. you stole them.
for the purposes of public vs private performance your car is a private space. thus CD's that you bought that entitle you to listen to then for private performance also include your car.
(though for the purposes for gun and knife laws you (even locked) car is a public space)

if your car is clearly parked up with the doors open stereo blaring away playing whilst you're having a picnic etc this would still be private performance (same as playing CD's to many guests at a house party.)

if you were charging people to come to said picnic or house party, then it's be a public performance.

in all cases playing music really really loud may cause you trouble regards noise abatement laws. especially in the evening/nights.

also worth noting is that it is still technically illegal to transcode formats in the UK.
(i.e it's illegal to backup DVDs or CD's)

Back
Top Bottom