Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
And I know the cd prices are just because everyone wants to make their cut and the artists want to make more more more money. Pretty dumb considering that most of the new music out there today sucks.
This. I'd be willing to bet if you cut prices their profit will increase.
__________________

__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

They don't seem to understand that premise though. The more the product price goes up, the less people that will buy it. They'll get some profit but not as much.

Lower the price however, and low and behold, you get more people buying it, because its cheaper, and yet, they end up making more of a overall profit.
__________________

__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

If I had the money I'd rather buy the full cd in the jewel case from a store. Too bad I'm poor.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #14
Golden Master
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,463
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
This. I'd be willing to bet if you cut prices their profit will increase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
They don't seem to understand that premise though. The more the product price goes up, the less people that will buy it. They'll get some profit but not as much.

Lower the price however, and low and behold, you get more people buying it, because its cheaper, and yet, they end up making more of a overall profit.
It's all about greed, there are a lot of people in this world who are greedy. Greedy production companies, greedy musicians, greedy music stores, greedy software companies......
__________________
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

True, but don't they realise that they could make more of a profit overall by dropping the price?

1000 (an example) - a few companies buy it, only a few people in homes by it - 6,000 profit.

500 - loads more companies buy it, and loads more people in homes buy it - 25,000 profit (an example of an amount)

Its mad.
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #16
In Runtime
 
ErdricK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 326
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
They don't seem to understand that premise though. The more the product price goes up, the less people that will buy it. They'll get some profit but not as much.

Lower the price however, and low and behold, you get more people buying it, because its cheaper, and yet, they end up making more of a overall profit.
I agree and I disagree. Sure if they lower the retail cost of music their sales will increase a bit, not alot. Why? because people can still get it for free off the internet. So now you have cheaper music, small increase in sales which in the end equals less profit for all.

The only way to fix this is to stop illegal downloads and we all know that will NEVER happen.
__________________
Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them.
ErdricK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #17
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

Eh just trying to make an example "of what can happen to you". If you download..
__________________
Everyone's Favorite Turd xD
ET: "Phone home!"
Geek: "ping 127.0.0.1"

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #18
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

That woman was given the option to settle for $3K but she refused so I have not sympathy for her + she shouldn't have been downloading illegal.


I heard she had shared the songs 75,000 times on via torrents, the prosecutors only needed to go for 24 songs to get a massive fine
__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon View Post
That woman was given the option to settle for $3K but she refused so I have not sympathy for her + she shouldn't have been downloading illegal.


I heard she had shared the songs 75,000 times on via torrents, the prosecutors only needed to go for 24 songs to get a massive fine
That is where you get in trouble. When you share with other people.
Most people don't get in trouble if they are only downloading.
__________________
Everyone's Favorite Turd xD
ET: "Phone home!"
Geek: "ping 127.0.0.1"

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #20
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdricK View Post
I agree and I disagree. Sure if they lower the retail cost of music their sales will increase a bit, not alot. Why? because people can still get it for free off the internet. So now you have cheaper music, small increase in sales which in the end equals less profit for all.

The only way to fix this is to stop illegal downloads and we all know that will NEVER happen.
Yeah, no matter how small the cost is, if someone can still get something for free they will.

The Price of CDs/DVDs cannot go alot lower than they currently are. When you consider sales tax, the retailers share, shipping, producing the movie etc only a small percentage remains.
__________________

__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0