Quick Announcement about spam.

Half Evil

Golden Master
Hey guys, just informed of another spam attack. I know its just kinda been a rule of thumb, but id like to announce it.

For all spam messages, please let them be. Please dont post in them. All it does is antagonize the spammer to do it more. Hell, even if they get a whole section. Just let it all slide, go to the second page and continue posting like normal.

The mods are doing a great job. So all you need to do is PM any mod. Perferably a mod that is always on, such has myself, brookfield, lhuser, and even Mark has been on often. Or just use the post report button.

But, what im trying to get to, posting in the thread saying "STFU n00b stop!" Does nothing. They are already quite dumb, because they are resorting to spamming, but when you say that, they either wont understand it. Or try and get back at your and spam more.

Either way, please dont post in spam threads, thanks :)

Yeah, just follow the rules guys, keep this place clean.

"CF is cool if you follow the rules" :p

Just report it. Moderators get enough pms as it is, a report emails all moderators of the board.

Well, one thing I forgot to mention. Is that it should be for any suspicious thread. Like.. Some people will make an account on how to hack something, spy on someone ect. Just report those as well. Although, in those it would be great to only say something to the effect of "Sorry, but we dont discuss those types of things here".

rule of thumb aye? Well for anyone who doesnt know what that means it means that way back when wives would be "bad" the husbands we go out and find a tree branch that was no thicker than their thumb to beat their wives with. So ya not a good phrase to use.

Back
Top Bottom