Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Question about streaming music

Does it infringe on copyrights?

Those of you who have a MySpace may have noticed that they are blocking music players from Project Playlist claiming that it is copyright infringement to use that site.

My question is: Is it really copyright infringement or is MySpace trying to get everyone to use their s*itty 10 song player?

I don't see how it is copyright infringement. Project Playlist does not host the files. It merely streams them by way of their music player. Project Playlist can be used as a download portal if you know how to do it, but most people don't do it that way.

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to NEED WOW NOW
Default Re: Question about streaming music

I don't think it's copyright infringment as they offer Myspace users to actually 'Buy' the music right off the site. I don't know how that works, I don't want to know how that works.

I just use Internet Radio
Best invention ever!
There are a few popular one's out there and I love to listen to them and find a few new artists that are quite good, that I never heard before. Plus, it's the best way to get techno tracks!

But now that I think about it, do radio stations have to get copyright rights to play the music over the air?
AMD is Happy!
Intel is Pissed!
Europe is $1.45 Billion Dollar's Richer!
NEED WOW NOW is offline   Reply With Quote