Question about fios hookup

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
i recently moved, and i had verizon fios service at the last place, and had it hooked up at the new place also. i noticed that at the old place, the installer put a cat5 outlet on the wall, and had a cat5 ethernet hook up to the router as well as a regular cable line hooked into the router. at this new place, the installer didn't put in a cat5 outlet, but just hooked up the router to the cable line. i'm still getting my fios speeds, but was just wondering if anyone knows why the difference in hook-up.

i recently moved, and i had verizon fios service at the last place, and had it hooked up at the new place also. i noticed that at the old place, the installer put a cat5 outlet on the wall, and had a cat5 ethernet hook up to the router as well as a regular cable line hooked into the router. at this new place, the installer didn't put in a cat5 outlet, but just hooked up the router to the cable line. i'm still getting my fios speeds, but was just wondering if anyone knows why the difference in hook-up.

They hooked mine up the same way they did yours the second time around, Directly to the Router via coax.

Does FiOS include a television subscription?

it can..fios is just a fiber optic connection which is capable of faster connection speeds. i have my tv, internet, and phone all connected through verizon fios...a "triple play" package deal that's running me about 110 bucks a month for all three. i have the 15mbps download/5mbps upload connection speed, and get a bunch of channels on the tv...phone is real clear too.

That's a pretty good package. BBC World and CNN International are usually restricted outside the United States. It amazes me they carry these channels.

If only they carried Aljazeera English. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom