Quake 4 possibly the worst ending ever?

MikeReiner said:
Yeah, doom3's engine is just plain amazing.. for games that need a dark gloomy atmosphere.. it's perfect... sadly source is getting way more attention...

They each have their own uses. Personally I like the Source Engine more. It's heavily modified Havok physics engine is great for the creative uses that VALVe puts it through and texturing is awesome. It's not so great for dark and gloomy games like Doom 3 or Prey, but it's awesome.

EMMteo said:
i think doom no matter what they do to it will always be an amazing game lol its just...doom, ya know?

Haha, yeah. When I get my Xbox 360, I'll definately get Doom for the Xbox Live Arcade. It's an all-time classic shooter that revolutionized the gaming world and the look of shooters. Despite the old pixelated textures and funky AI, it never gets old. Unfortunately, id Software has announced they're no longer contiuning any sequels or continuation games for the Doom franchise. They're looking for more IP's so expect to see other games like Enemy Territory: Quake Wars instead. Speaking of which...that game is awesome! :D They've got me as a customer! Hahah, screw EA. Activision deserves my money.

alvino said:
They each have their own uses. Personally I like the Source Engine more. It's heavily modified Havok physics engine is great for the creative uses that VALVe puts it through and texturing is awesome. It's not so great for dark and gloomy games like Doom 3 or Prey, but it's awesome.
Agreed.

Hey alvino, don't you have a radeon x1900xtx?

Doom has been around since I started playing video games in general. defiantly a big bummer to see something like that go.

MikeReiner said:
Aiii close enough.

Can you do me a favor?

Open up CS Source, crank the AF to 16x, and take a screen shot in a similar spot to where one of these were taken at the A bomb site
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=45975

and post it in that thread.. I want to see how well those ATi cards do AF.

oh and use jpeg_quality 100 in console before taking the shot

I'll do that when I get time. Maybe this weekend or something. School is a bitch.

EMMteo said:
thats kinda what they did. there was a large gap between when the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd one.

Well between Doom and Doom II, there wasn't as much of a gap. They took a while to start Doom 3 though. I guess internal debate? :p

Back
Top Bottom