Quake 4

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
I've just bought it, and I love it!

I love Doom 3 and seeing as how Q4 is made by the same people, and uses the same engine I decided to pick it up.

I've heard people say it ain't really a huge leap from Q3, but this is the first quake I've played so I'm not complaining :D

I'm very surprised at how my computer handles it too. With Doom 3 I could play it on High Settings on 1024x768 without it dipping below 35FPS, but Quake has a lot more enemies and open environments so I thought I would have to play it on low settings on 800x600 lol

But as it turns out I can play it fine (doesn't go below 30) on 1024x768 at medium quality, so I'm happy :D

Does anybody here have it? And do you like it?

Dont have it....but what i DO have is the first quake! LOL

B.L.A.c.K

pS. Does the good guy really turn into one of the mutated...monster thigies?

So I've heard, but you're just a normal human at the start, so it must happen later in the game.

I have it. Have not touched single player yet, only multiplayer. I don't prefer it as much as Quake 3 but thats just my opinion. It's a good game though.

hey wind waker, do you like The Legend of Zelda? Those games are amazing, and I can't wait for Twilight Princess. It ain't even out yet and it's almost garenteed Game of the Year

David Lindon said:
Yeah quake 4 is pretty good. Its quite different from the older versions I though

Having played Q4 I'm not so sure about it being good.

I preferred Quake because it was a high-speed frag fest with no real storyline, and that it was different to Doom, but this just feels like a Doom 3 expansion pack IMHO. You just find yourself going endlessly backwards and forwards fighting enemies that take a million hits to go down.

Nope, I'll stick to the older Quake games. And UT2007, when that comes out.

malbuc87uk said:
Having played Q4 I'm not so sure about it being good.

I preferred Quake because it was a high-speed frag fest with no real storyline, and that it was different to Doom, but this just feels like a Doom 3 expansion pack IMHO. You just find yourself going endlessly backwards and forwards fighting enemies that take a million hits to go down.

Nope, I'll stick to the older Quake games. And UT2007, when that comes out.

UT2007..:eek:..Can't wait. I like the older quakes to, especially CPMA with Q3. The game was a lot faster and the maps were better. Just gotta wait for the mods I suppose. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to get Q4 to feel like quake should.

Back
Top Bottom