Quad SLI

I see this benifitng the people who don't want to SLI two 7800GT/X's or two 6800GS/T. But rather those that want high end performance on a cheaper budget. Such would be using quad SLI with the 6600 cards. That would be insane! You get 4 GPUs, 32 total pixel pipelines, and insane total memory and core clocks. It's awesome. I wouldn't SLI anything higher then the 6600 series cards. Just doesn't seem like a logical thign to do because games wouldn't even be able to utilize cards 3 and 4. So it's basically a waste of money.

I do liek this idea, because it give me the idea for my next upgrade to not buy a 6800xx or a 7800GT/X but rather four 6600GTs. That would be some awesome graphics! :D

The only thing I see in doing that is bragging rights. SLI is a complete waste of money and you'll only increase your power bill with it while your games don't even completely take advantage of SLI other than the fact that you've got tons of GPU power. It's not like dual-cores or anything, the game won't run more efficient...it'll just run with more power. For those who don't know, there IS a difference between efficiency and power.

Back
Top Bottom