Pulled Over!

Yeah, it's like $100 something here in California.

But how can you get caught for not wearing a seatbelt? It's like the first thing most people do when they get in the car...

Your a new driver, so your 16 I'm guessing? and can't take time off? Give me a break. When is your court date? Probably during school, go to the court, more than likely it will be dropped. Did the pig give you this ticket toward the end of the month to fill his quota?

Friend of my dad used to be on highway patrol. Apparently, from what I've heard, they are required to make two felony arrests a year.

Your a new driver, so your 16 I'm guessing? and can't take time off? Give me a break. When is your court date? Probably during school, go to the court, more than likely it will be dropped. Did the pig give you this ticket toward the end of the month to fill his quota?

I'll be 19 years old on December 22nd.. I pay for my own college, and I'm moving out because my mother is moving down to Florida so I'll have to pay for rent. Gas is expensive, and only getting higher.. not to mention I help pay all of the bills at home.

Thats why I can't take time off.. because I work full time to get by and like I said I'd rather just pay $50.00 than lose more money going to court.

Now I never directly said its unfair, because I made the mistake of taking my seatbelt off, to begin with when I parked, being unaware that he would say I wasn't wearing it, to begin with. Its a rough situation because even in court, I don't see how I could counter-prove the argument that the officer puts forward saying that I wasn't wearing my seatbelt.

The fact is that I always wear my seatbelt.. as a passenger in the front, back, or driving myself I put my seatbelt on. Its not a big deal for me to put it on at all.. and its instinctive for me to put it on once I get in the car.
The fact is.. I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt.. As a passenger

You kind of screwed yourself there by doing that. Same exact thing happened to one of my friends. My other friend got pulled over for it too. When he got pulled over, he still had the seat belt on when the cop got to the car. And the cop STILL gave him a ticket!

i would just pay it, i cant be that big of a ticket, i now i got pulled over for speeding, and i was going 33 in a 40, the cop said he caught me goin 52 in a 35 two miles back, i was like WTF, and i had to pay a 220 dollar fine, but nothing went on my driving record. :)

but man that cop was a jerk for giving you a ticket for not having your seatbelt while you were parked,

All cops are different, perhaps he'd had a hard day or you were a little too polite & he took it to be sarcasm, if there's a next time, don't smile, keep dead pan when you hand over your documents & of course, keep your seat belt on, I remember one day when I'd had my licence about a week, one pulled me over & asked to see my licence, I was nervous, so much that I hadn't turned off the engine, & when I reached across, my foot slipped off the clutch, & I did the classic KH, [kangaroo hop] & banged his arm as he reached out, he gave me a dirty look, handed it back & said on your way, but of course this is England, & they're a bit different over here! or they were then in 1973, nowadays they're targetting young drivers.

Back
Top Bottom