PSX Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

HakkUR

Solid State Member
If you play PS1 game and want to learn how to play them on your pc watch your youtube video.

Comment too

Emulators promote piracy and you're playing the games on "Non authorized Hardware", I've already done the research. Not saying you can't do what you like, but the mods here are really strict when it comes to legal issues. It's cool that you're a hacker, just don't advertise in the forums. Advertising free software and such can carry a permaban with it. Welcome to the forums though!

Edit: I'm actually in college now for Information Systems Security, so we may cross paths one day when you're gettin froggy with a bank lol

LoL but really who plays psx anymore you cant get them LOL... but i get ur point and its really not a hack....

As long as nobody talks about downloading psx games or where to get them then this thread should be fine. Make sure it doesn't take the piracy route though.

It's legal as long as you have a copy of the game. It has been said many times that they are pretty sure that they wouldn't mine considering Playstation games are not made anymore, therefore there is no profit.

It's legal as long as you have a copy of the game. It has been said many times that they are pretty sure that they wouldn't mine considering Playstation games are not made anymore, therefore there is no profit.

That's the game ROMs. The emulator itself is what tends to be considered illegal because it requires a copy of the console's BIOS to function.

That's the game ROMs. The emulator itself is what tends to be considered illegal because it requires a copy of the console's BIOS to function.
Agreed, that's exactly what I was going to point out. The BIOS isn't legal and that's required to make the emulator work. Yes, I've used a PSX emulator before to play my legal bought games when my PSX died. But it's not something that should be posted on a forum.

Legal or not, this is lame promotion of a YouTube video.

I thought it was legal to extract your BIOS from your consoles.

LoL but really who plays psx anymore you cant get them LOL... but i get ur point and its really not a hack....

The PSN network offers PS1 games, then there are ebay, amazon, etc (mostly online sites).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom