Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-23-2006, 06:58 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: PS3s available

wow 15% sales tax up here, and i've always been a sony fan but even I am thinking about buying a xbox 360, and some of the older guys on here might remember a massive argument over which one everyone would buy and why. seems, myself and Alvino did most of the arguing

Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:25 PM   #12
BSOD

wow people get really retarded when it comes to new game systems. camping out for days to get one, and getting raped cuz the thing costs a million dollars, then half of them sell the stupid thing anyways. its just a damn ps3...people act like new game consoles are GOD. no wonder some people from other countries flew airplanes into our buildings, because of greedy people just trying to make a buck. but thats how we are as americans, and no, i still wouldnt change for anything. btw dont go gettin crazy on me, im not from one of those countries, hell im from indiana. just stating my opinion and i got sidetracked...

wsigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac3y
Apparently there's no demand for thme at all anymore. The initial fanboy rush has finished and ebay is reporting people are actually taking losses on the PS3s they're selling.

I think Sony is in real trouble. Not that I care.
agreed. I think Sony is in trouble despite what they may say, they didn't produce enough and there are reports that they take a 200 dollar loss on each one they sell. Seems to me the PS3 could be a flop in the making.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:48 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Personally I don't think it's worth the hype. Sony has almost no exclusivity in games anymore, and they've actually lost a few titles here and there (next Splinter Cell is Xbox 360 only).
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Personally I don't think it's worth the hype. Sony has almost no exclusivity in games anymore, and they've actually lost a few titles here and there (next Splinter Cell is Xbox 360 only).
do excuse me if im wrong (i dont know too much about splinter cell games) but is this the splinter cell you're talking about alvino or is it the one after this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/752/752157p1.html ??
Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Well I would either sell it on eBay or save it until 2007, because honestly...the launch games suck. The worse thing is that you need an HDTV. The difference between HDTV and SDTV is HUGE! If you play Ridge Racer 7 on an HDTV, that's fine, but if you play it on a SDTV it's equivalent to PS2 graphics. It looks horrible.

That's one thing Sony got wrong. HDTV's haven't broadened out and the prices aren't that cheap yet (they're getting cheaper though). Not everyone has an HDTV to enjoy the graphics.
Funny, gears of war on my SDTV still looked a helluv a lot better than anything i've ever seen on the xbox. Resolution isn't everything ..
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:17 AM   #17
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer

http://mak0db.awardspace.com/
MarxSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:26 AM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner
Funny, gears of war on my SDTV still looked a helluv a lot better than anything i've ever seen on the xbox. Resolution isn't everything ..
No, but for most next-gen games it is. The difference between SDTV and HDTV for Gears of War wasn't too big, but if you look at Rainbow Six Vegas on SD and HD, the difference is HUGE. So it really depends on the game, but I meant that as the majority of next-gen gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
do excuse me if im wrong (i dont know too much about splinter cell games) but is this the splinter cell you're talking about alvino or is it the one after this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/752/752157p1.html ??
Double Agent is coming to the PS3, I know that. Supposedly Ubisoft is taking advantage of SIXAXIS too, so that's cool. I meant the Splinter Cell after Double Agent. No official name yet, but so far rumors point to it being called Splinter Cell: Conviction. It was announced at X06 that Ubisoft would be making it exclusively for the Xbox 360.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #19
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

Sweet,I should go out and buy a ps3!
Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:56 AM   #20
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to money_man

Meh, i want fear for xbox 360 and a massive 60" lcd HDTV. any donors?

Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote