ps3

The performance of the PS3 won't justify the $600 price. I would rather get a Xbox 360 and the Wii. Heck, even getting the Xbox 360 and the additional HD-DVD drive won't even cost as much as the PS3.

That's US dollars.

There is a cheaper version for $499 but it isn't worth getting. The hard drive is downgraded 40 gigs to just 20 gigs, there is no built in wi-fi, no flash memory card reader and no HDMI port

Don't waste you're money.

I don't forseen PS3 catching on as much as Xbox 360 did, either way IDC. I used to play console games, but I enjoy controls so mujch more on a PC. and Pcs are WAY MORE POWERFUL.

now thats a gaming system second only to a computer and psp,cant wait to see someone hook it up with water cooling

2ab894be9fbf1a3da409c4c4dab1e359.jpg

Its going to be pretty powerful, but I'll be waiting to see how powerful it would be in games. I doubt any difference would be seen in real terms from Xbox 360 to PS3.

Lac3y, I didn't know that, but thats pretty kewl.

Well, once they sort all the games out, it'll do the same as the Xbox 360 does now.

Well,I dont know about actuall in game experience,but as far as power,its 2x the 360 and 15 the Wii.

great graphics to say the least

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2007-20060330100737164-000.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2007-20060330100630885-000.jpg

The Xbox 360 could do that though. Its just a load of pixel shaders with the sweat, etc.

The first shot looks pretty fake.

In the graphics department, they have the same power abouts.

If anything, its more in the physics, etc department where PS3 will be better, not graphics.

Kage said:
Yeah:

Its got a custom processor, called the CELL processor, made by IBM and Sony, running at 3.2GHZ. Its made up of 7 SPE's (cores)

Actually... :p I'll just paste it from a site:

"CPU: Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
Total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU: RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound:

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing)

Memory:

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth:

Main RAM -- 25.6GB/s
VRAM -- 22.4GB/s
RSX -- 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB -- 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance:

2 TFLOPS

Storage:

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication:

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller:

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media:

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE"

WOW

Except for the formats in terms of disks, etc, the difference isn't that phonominal.

PS3 will have the advantage of course over a higher disk capacity for bigger games (no need for 2 discs on a game for example), or maybe less compressed textures to run straight from the disk, or even from the built in needed hard drive.

Something the XBox 360 developers can't make games to use, because some people won't have one.
So PS3 has hard drive cache uses Xbox 360 just can't have, without affecting some users.

GRAPHICS:

I don't think these will impress me that much for a while though.

I'm too used to 3D rendering now, where the graphics are acable of being alot better than todays games.

Physics, etc on the other hand will. Because its not just graphics that make a game, though sometimes impressive.

Thats why the Wii seems so irrisitable.

Back
Top Bottom