Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Proper Grammar

I usually try to. Just when I'm in a rush or on the computer when i'm not supposed to be i'm don't type to well.

ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #22
The Candyman

Quote:
Always proper grammar and punctuation. No constant two dots, or three dots in the end, and so on. That, and trying to get my 10 thumbs away from DAMN typos.
The dots at the end or middle of the sentences with me is that is my style of typing, i'm not trying to upset other's, i'm not trying to stand out..that is my style ever since I joined up here.

As long as I get my point across that 's what matter's. Some members get their panties in a wad about how I post, but I don't care what they think, it's my style and that's the way it be..

Old 04-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #23
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mr mixx~ View Post
The dots at the end or middle of the sentences with me is that is my style of typing, i'm not trying to upset other's, i'm not trying to stand out..that is my style ever since I joined up here.

As long as I get my point across that's what matter's. Some members get their panties in a wad about how I post, but I don't care what they think, it's my style and that's the way it be..
I get criticised quite often for punctuation, like; "long rambling sentences full of commas" is the usual remark I get, you've just said that you put rows of dots, please understand, I don't mean to get funny about it but "sauce for the goose"......etc?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #24
The Candyman

"sauce for the goose"......etc? , everyone has their opinion..What will be will be..ect.

I have replied time after time in threads like this with members saying I hate the way such and such posts or puncuates or spells or the grammer is out the window...and here's my quote for the day.

"Never You mind"
Old 04-21-2007, 12:42 PM   #25
Golden Master

I try to use proper spelling and grammar as much as possible.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:53 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

I try to use proper grammar all the time but sometimes I miss stuff. What bugs me is when people on forums spell like 6 year olds and sound stupid. I don't even read or reply to those posts because it takes so much time to try to decode them. I'm not picky, I just like to be able to understand what the person is saying.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #27
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

depends... If i'm in a game, and need to quickly type a message, then no. otherwise yes.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #28
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Illmatic

I are proper grammar user of.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #29
Fully Optimized

I rarely shorten my words, though I tend to use abbreviations like 'lol' or 'lmao' alot, but I mean, the only substitute would be, 'hahaha' or 'That's hilarious', and I personally don't like either.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #30
Baseband Member

I always try to use proper grammar when on forums, however i disagree when people flame people for using incorrect grammar when it is evidently a mistake.

the_briton is offline   Reply With Quote