Proof read?

Half Evil

Golden Master
I have to write an essay on why I think I have earned my black belt.

Just wondering if anyone would consider proof reading it for me? Im currently in progress of writing it now, and I have training in about 15 minutes, so it will be done later tonight.

First Draft. I still need to print it out and make edits and corrections. Change word usage etc.

This hasnt even been reread so beware for errors :eek:

Why I would like to be a black belt.

For starters, I would like to be a black belt because of my training. I have been training for over five years and this is the one major result I am hoping to achieve. Also, having a black belt is something you can put on a resume, and such a thing shows that I have perseverance.

Secondly, I believe that this black belt pertains to my lifestyle. Take for instance the work place. I do the best possible job I can do, and I don't stop until the job is completed. Its the same with getting this black belt; I won't stop until I achieve my goal, and even after the fact, I will not stop my training.

Another reason I believe I am able to wield a black belt, is for self defense and self confidence. Two things in life of which are of utter importance to me. In a world like today, I feel that there is nothing better then being able to not use or even carry a weapon, but still be able to defend your self if all else fails. Say for instance there is a problem with you and another man. You pull out a gun and start flashing it around, which scares him for his life and kills you. Thats not the way it should be. With Karate training you are able to act calm and neutral while still, if needed able to strike and save yourself. Then there is the self confidence. This is relevant to more things then confidence in a fight. When you excel in karate you are more confident in life itself. Excelling in karate will boost your confidence in other things; such as school and test taking.

Lastly, I believe that it would be a great help to myself and my Sensei to help spread the knowledge. As the 'ol saying goes 'You have never truly learned anything, until you have taught it'. That would be the help to me; one step closer to mastering the arts. And it helps my Sensei because I can take over some classes for him. The more I learn, the more I can teach.

Why I would like to be a black belt.

For starters, I would like to be a black belt because of my training. I have been training for over five years and this is the one major result I am hoping to achieve. Also, having a black belt is something you can put on a resume, and such a thing shows that I have perseverance.

Secondly, I believe that this black belt pertains to my lifestyle. Take for instance the work place. I do the best possible job I can do, and I don't stop until the job is completed. It's the same with getting this black belt; I won't stop until I achieve my goal, and even after the fact, I will not stop my training.

Another reason I believe I am able to wield a black belt, is for self defense and self confidence. Two things in life of which are of utter importance to me. In a world like today, I feel that there is nothing better then being able to not use or even carry a weapon, but still be able to defend your self if all else fails. Say for instance there is a problem with you and another man. You pull out a gun and start flashing it around, which scares him for his life and kills you. That's not the way it should be. With Karate training you are able to act calm and neutral while still, if needed able to strike and save yourself. Then there is the self confidence. This is relevant to more things then confidence in a fight. When you excel in karate you are more confident in life itself. Excelling in karate will boost your confidence in other things; such as school and test taking.

Lastly, I believe that it would be a great help to myself and my Sensei to help spread the knowledge. As the 'old saying goes 'You have never truly learned anything, until you have taught it'. That would be the help to me; one step closer to mastering the arts. And it helps my Sensei because I can take over some classes for him. The more I learn, the more I can teach.

Im not good with puncuation sorry but I did a spell check.... Yeah I know it doesnt help much....

Back
Top Bottom