Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-23-2007, 02:15 AM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Project Wiki Addict

Okay, so I thought to try something fun when I have enough free time. So I will probably be doing this either wednesday or thursday, maybe later today if I can find the time.

So here is my idea, I'm going to start from a single wiki article, and I'm going to keep browsing wiki for exactly 60 minutes. Opening all the links to other wiki pages which I find interesting. So like from the 1st paragraph of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer I'd probably open "information age", "fighter aircraft" and "industrial robots" all taking me to the correct wiki pages. I will also be reading a little/some/all of the text in every article, depending how interesting it is.
And keep on doing that for 60 minutes.

The point? Mostly to have fun and to learn new things of course. But also to see how many wiki pages I will have open after 60 minutes. After I'm done I'll also try to post all the wiki articles I read and from where I found them and what articles I opened from that article.

And I'm going to need a little help. I need suggestions about the article I'm going to start with. Just post your suggestions and I'll choose one of them when I start the project.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:50 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen
Default Re: Project Wiki Addict

Nice idea, something I would like to do but im going now to start revising for my KS3 sats..lol

DJ Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:02 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Steff
Default Re: Project Wiki Addict

Not a bad idea actually, try searching up something about where you live or about your surname or some thing daft like that.