In the process of buying another Scout, Lol

Half Evil

Golden Master
Well, I love scouts. Already have my project as most of you know. Now, I live on the eastern side of Washington state... Its like a desert over here. Extremely hot in the summer, hell of cold and snow in the winter. The winter car I drive is a 88 pathfinder, with already a rebuild tranny that is going out again, and a junkyard motor, chassis has at least 250k, and my dad said when it goes were not replacing anything else on it. My mom also bought some horses, sold her nice Mercedes, and now has taken over the pathfinder that I drove.

Our truck has major engine problems, and costs to much to fix then the truth is worth, so who knows what is going to happen with that. Our newest, '05 4runner dad wont even let me drive to school, I hardly get to drive period.

Oh yeah, and my car. Its so low its better used as a plow in the winter, lol =p

Well anyways, since my project is NO where near being done and good for winter, not to mention I'm not going to keep it road worthy.... Most likely I will turn it into a big toy. So it wont even be legal for the roads when I get done with it.

This all brings me to why I am going to buy another Scout. I start work tomorrow, I will be making minimum of 9/hour, most likely I will be making 10. I found a nice, lifted with good tires scout on CL.

Pics:
scout1.jpg

scout3.jpg

scout2.jpg

Not bad for 1400. A little spendy, but its in pretty good condition. Tires are worth at least 400 with rims, so I am looking at a thousand dollar truck, minus at least 600 dollars in lift, and 300 in headers. Really seems like a deal.

My problem is that I only have 300 dollars in my bank. So I email him, tell him my situation, and how I wouldnt normally ask to do things like payments but the thing is that I really liked the truck. He gave me his number, and told me he would love to give it to another Scout lover..... But there is more to the problem then that. It seems like payment method would work with him. Perfect. But my dad HATES these old things, and is shopping for mom for a vehicle... Only Nissan/Toyota early '00s. So, I dont even know what to say to him to do this. I am thinking I will tell im I traded something from my project and got this for free because he needed to get rid of it so bad. I have no idea. But I gotta find a way around my dad with this, and then probably end up paying my own insurance. But with something this age, I think I could afford it. Unlike my Honda.... haha...

No idea if it will work out or not. I will keep you guys updated with my truck buying decisions. I got a couple other ideas, but I happen to like this Scout..

Thats a nice looking truck, looks to be in good condition from the pics. Would your dad have a problem if you just paid for it yourself? I wouldn't think he'd care since you are spending your own money on it. Or is it just because he hates them that he probably won't let you buy it?

Just talk to him and tell him you really like the truck and that you are planning to spend your own money on it and you'll be making payments to the guy and he won't have to worry about a thing.

Sounds kinda like my dad... I don't see a problem with spending my own money I made at work on a car I want and will enjoy to drive as opposed to a car he wants me to have... I want an '03 Ford Zx2 which is a small 2 door coupe that makes good MPG. He never told me directly, but he told my mom he wants me to buy with my own money a Mercury Grand Marquis... :confused: Yeah, an 18 year old wants a Grand Marquis... It will be my second car, so it's not like my first car that I just have a little money and only a few choices, so I end up with something that is ugly and I hate. I want something nice that will save me on gas, not a grandma car... He knows I want what I want, and I'm going for what I want.

I really don't see a problem in getting what you want if you use your own money... I've been watching your progress on the Scout and it seems to be going well. I'm not mechanically inclined with cars so much, otherwise that would be a fun thing to do probably, restore an old vehicle. Just that it would cost a lot of money.

I want an '03 Ford Zx2 which is a small 2 door coupe that makes good MPG.

nice, I have a 98. There fun little cars, can be a bit spendy though due to not having much of an aftermarket. Have you checked out www.teamzx2.com, I'm a member there, xtremecaraudio. Hit me up.

ArrizX, that looks like a good truck man. I'd talk it over with your dad and get it figured out though before buying it because otherwise there will be added tension if he finds out you bought it behind his back.

Thats a nice looking truck, looks to be in good condition from the pics. Would your dad have a problem if you just paid for it yourself? I wouldn't think he'd care since you are spending your own money on it. Or is it just because he hates them that he probably won't let you buy it?

Just talk to him and tell him you really like the truck and that you are planning to spend your own money on it and you'll be making payments to the guy and he won't have to worry about a thing.

Its not very bad. Its older, there will be rust and stuff. Nothing I probably couldnt patch though. He wont let me buy something like this, because he considers them junk, as they are old and he isnt mechanically inclined. He just doesnt have the same appreciation for these as I do.

Sounds kinda like my dad... I don't see a problem with spending my own money I made at work on a car I want and will enjoy to drive as opposed to a car he wants me to have... I want an '03 Ford Zx2 which is a small 2 door coupe that makes good MPG. He never told me directly, but he told my mom he wants me to buy with my own money a Mercury Grand Marquis... :confused: Yeah, an 18 year old wants a Grand Marquis... It will be my second car, so it's not like my first car that I just have a little money and only a few choices, so I end up with something that is ugly and I hate. I want something nice that will save me on gas, not a grandma car... He knows I want what I want, and I'm going for what I want.

I really don't see a problem in getting what you want if you use your own money... I've been watching your progress on the Scout and it seems to be going well. I'm not mechanically inclined with cars so much, otherwise that would be a fun thing to do probably, restore an old vehicle. Just that it would cost a lot of money.

Ya me neither... it shouldnt be. He just wants me to "save". So, uh yeah. I gotta save. But I also need a winter car... And this is a hell of a deal for a Scout in good running condition.

nice, I have a 98. There fun little cars, can be a bit spendy though due to not having much of an aftermarket. Have you checked out www.teamzx2.com, I'm a member there, xtremecaraudio. Hit me up.

ArrizX, that looks like a good truck man. I'd talk it over with your dad and get it figured out though before buying it because otherwise there will be added tension if he finds out you bought it behind his back.

Possibly. But I'm 18 in November, I can keep it else where till then if needed and pay my own way on my own insurance if he wouldnt cooperate. Like I said, one way or another, I need winter transportation if he wont get me a car. And later in life, I could turn this into a restoration project.

SCouts are awsome trucks, be awsome if they made them again!

on the subject of trucks, has anyone heard of the Ford Raptor? Looks like an awsome truck!

Nope never heard of it.

This dude is flakin out on me. Wont email me, back, and I have called three times with two voice mails.

Oh well - not terrible. We'll see what happens in the next few days. I have a better opportunity at the moment. I might buy my girlfriends parents TJ Jeep. Its an 00 sport, lifted w/ 33's. Also a stick :D We'll see. I need to talk to him about payments and how it would work. No idea. Just speculation as of now. But its absolutely mint, with only 40k on it.

Back
Top Bottom