Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-22-2009, 01:28 AM   #41
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Presidential Limo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
can i have my own presidential limo? PLEASE...!?!?
Sure...run for president and win the election.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:29 AM   #42
Fully Optimized

Alright, ill get right on that...in 18 years. lol

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #43
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by allendale2008 View Post
When I think Hybrid, I think Wimpy.

A hybrid tank: image of a 16 ton vehicle trying to get by on a motor powered by 20 double A batteries.
Good luck finding a 16 ton tank, they are more around 60 on average.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
Diesel is more economical, and the emissions aren't as bad as those of gas cars. I think they are good, and that all cars should have diesel engines. Seriously, I don't think hybrids are there yet, but diesel is totally there.
Yes its understandable for people who use their car everyday to get to work but for a presidential limo I would assume MPG is the least of their concerns
Old 01-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #45
Golden Master

Quote:
Why go for a diesel anyway, I wonder how much BHP it produces.
Same reason Tractors aren't petrol, torque, that thing weighs in heavy.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #46
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
Same reason Tractors aren't petrol, torque, that thing weighs in heavy.
I was reading about this, and high torque AND horse power are important. Basically, torque*RPM dived by some number is HP, and the higher speed your max torque is at the better. SO you want both to be high numbers. You need torque to get going, but without HO you aren't gonna go fast.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #47
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Ok...we're way off topic. Back on topic now.

What happens if the limo runs into water? There's no way in hell they'll be able to open those doors.
The doors have seals in case of biological attacks so I'd imagine it's probably water tight as well, and the presidents limo won't just slip into a lake unnoticed so they'll have rescuers there in a short amount of time to save him. Who knows maybe a fifty foot snorkel extends out and it's also amphibious? I also don't believe the part about the pump action shot guns, maybe a pistol for the driver, but the majority of the fire power is within the suburbans that follow in the motorcade.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #48
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet View Post
The doors have seals in case of biological attacks so I'd imagine it's probably water tight as well, and the presidents limo won't just slip into a lake unnoticed so they'll have rescuers there in a short amount of time to save him. Who knows maybe a fifty foot snorkel extends out and it's also amphibious? I also don't believe the part about the pump action shot guns, maybe a pistol for the driver, but the majority of the fire power is within the suburbans that follow in the motorcade.
And to think my parents almost bought one of those, or an excursion.... then they decided a minivan was what we really needed...

But my friend's parents have one that is black.... all you need is to wear a suit and sunglasses when you drive it and everyone thinks you are secret service.....
Old 01-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #49
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet View Post
Having a pump-action shotgun isn't impossible. Sometimes having a close-combat weapon comes in use, especially if Cadillac One comes under fire in an urban scenario. The majority of firepower will come from the rest of the vehicles in the motorcade, but the driver also needs a personal weapon just in case.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #50
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Having a pump-action shotgun isn't impossible. Sometimes having a close-combat weapon comes in use, especially if Cadillac One comes under fire in an urban scenario. The majority of firepower will come from the rest of the vehicles in the motorcade, but the driver also needs a personal weapon just in case.
If I was president, I'd walk around with a saw just for looks.