Presidential Limo...

Yep. Doesn't matter how many cylinders you have, it's all in the displacement and how long the stroke of the piston is. Many commercial trucks today just use straight six engines that are 8.0-litres or bigger and they don't put out that much horsepower, but the torque you get is crazy.

Not totally sure. Everything depends on the number of cylinders.

You can have I-6s the same displacement as V-8s. Which will be faster? Which will have more torque. You should be able to figure it out.

I mean look, you take a badass little street bike. Any of them. I dont know anything specific about this tiny toys, but I do know they have small displacement. I mean its a bike for god sakes. You sit on the engine.

Now, look at this small scale engine (this is relative to the question above) you can have those little engines have 4 cylinders or 1 big cylinder with the same displacement. The 4cyl will be much faster then the the single cyl, even though it has the same displacement. Stroke and such are other factors, but i'm talking basics.

who would want a hybrid tank??

That doesn't even sound appealing.

I don't think i would feel safe riding in a hybrid.

Now DIESEL on the other hand. That word brings to mind: monster, beast, something that would kick a55

Panther Tanks are run by 1100 cubic Inch V-8 gasoline engines. A lot of tanks are huge displacement Gas engines. Tanks need HP as well as torque

And those batteries need to replaced in 3 years and end up in a landfill, undoing all the environment saving you worked so hard for. Until they can last 20+ years and provide 300 ft lbs of torque I'm buying an electric car.

Electics actually provide a TON of torque. The Mercedes Hybrid coming out soon will have about 560 ft-lbs of torque(or so) from the electric motor... The best thing about electrics is the power is there from 0-20k RPM Same power. Unlike a gas or diesel engine. My engine has 230 ft-lbs, but it doesnt hit that full amount until 2k RPM or something.
With an electric, won't be a need for high RPM stall convertors or other launching things, because the power is always max...

But you are def right about batteries.

10 years ago, an electric Ford Ranger was out. Cost $80k for Ford to make each one... Electric cars are expensive and inefficient as of now.

wat an awesome car.

I wanna open the door on it. That think probably has sort of mechanical door opener to save the chauffeur's arms from exhaustion.

I wonder if they have ever considered having two sets of controls in it, kinda like a jumbo jet.

I declare a copyright on this Mr. FBI agent, so when you pass this on to Barack you guys owe me like $20 in royalties.

Back
Top Bottom