Presidential Elections!

I think McCain is best suited to help our nation recover from this economic recession. I've been studying this in my economics classes, and although I think Obama's policies aren't bad, McCain seems to really have a grasp on how to help lift us back up.

I also believe this is a bad time to be a president. We're fighting in two countries where victory seems far away, our economy is in the crapper, and everybody hates us. Maybe having a Republican win again wouldn't be such a bad thing for the Democrats.

One thing I don't like about McCain:
"I believe that we can win an overwhelming victory in a very short period of time." - CNN, 9/29/02

"I believe success will be fairly easy." -CNN, 9/24/02

"We will win this conflict. We will win it easily." -MSNBC, 1/22/03

“We're not going to get into house-to-house fighting in Baghdad. We may have to take out buildings, but we're not going to have a bloodletting of trading American bodies for Iraqi bodies.” -CNN, 9/29/02

But wait.. what is he saying now?

"When I voted to support this war, I knew it was probably going to be long and hard and tough, and those that voted for it and thought that somehow it was going to be some kind of an easy task, then I'm sorry they were mistaken. Maybe they didn't know what they were voting for." -MSNBC 1/4/07

"...We have not told the American people how tough and difficult this task would be. And it has contributed enormously to the frustration that Americans feel today, because they were led to believe that this would be some kind of a day at the beach, which many of us fully understood from the beginning would be a very, very difficult undertaking." -CNN 8/22/06

Good one, McCain. And they called Kerry a flip flopper?

those first 3 quotes dont include the war in them

EDIT: double post, sorry mods :eek:

those first 3 quotes dont include the war in them

Ugh, okay.
The first quote is from the same interview as the fourth quote: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0209/29/le.00.html

Second quote (source http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0209/24/lkl.00.html):

CALLER: Being a veteran yourself, Mr. McCain, how do you feel about going to war a third time?

MCCAIN: I thank you for the question because that keeps me awake at night. Because I know that as successful as I believe we will be, and I believe that the success will be fairly easy, we will still lose some American young men or women. And that's a great tragedy. But I also believe that these young men and women, as they go into war, are fully understanding that they will be possibly saving the lives of possibly millions of people, including possibly millions of their fellow citizens, because there is very little doubt that if Saddam Hussein acquired a nuclear weapon and the means to deliver it, that he would attack the United States of America.

Third quote: MSNBC doesn't have their old transcripts online anymore. But in January of 2003, what other conflict would he be talking about?

Edit: Ooh ooh I love this one: "we will still lose some American young men or women."
Some? 4000=some?
Mom, can I have some money? Just like, 4000 dollars, that isn't that much--right?

I cant remember exactly what she said, but barak obama's wife once said something about for one time being proud to be an American. That pissed me off so bad you should always be proud to be an American.

I believe it was something like "For the first time, I'm proud to be an American". It pissed me off to. Terrorist :)

Ugh, okay.
The first quote is from the same interview as the fourth quote: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0209/29/le.00.html

Second quote (source http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0209/24/lkl.00.html):

CALLER: Being a veteran yourself, Mr. McCain, how do you feel about going to war a third time?

MCCAIN: I thank you for the question because that keeps me awake at night. Because I know that as successful as I believe we will be, and I believe that the success will be fairly easy, we will still lose some American young men or women. And that's a great tragedy. But I also believe that these young men and women, as they go into war, are fully understanding that they will be possibly saving the lives of possibly millions of people, including possibly millions of their fellow citizens, because there is very little doubt that if Saddam Hussein acquired a nuclear weapon and the means to deliver it, that he would attack the United States of America.

Third quote: MSNBC doesn't have their old transcripts online anymore. But in January of 2003, what other conflict would he be talking about?

Edit: Ooh ooh I love this one: "we will still lose some American young men or women."
Some? 4000=some?
Mom, can I have some money? Just like, 4000 dollars, that isn't that much--right?

lol, well done, +1 for you my friend

Forgive me if what I'm about to say is crast: but, I have to speak the truth. Please, please read very carefully before replying to my post.

I do not want Hillary to win because;
1. She talks out of both sides of her mouth.
2. she wants to implement plans that will no doubt, raise taxs. I'm not in favor of raising taxes, as i'm a small business owner. It will also affect everyone else since the prices of goods will rise.
3. she is a woman, and as far as I'm concerned, women should not be rulers. Men were made to be heads.
4. She looks a bit psycho in the eyes.

Why I do not want Obama to win;

1. There is so much scary stuff that the media, for some reason, will not publisize. they are;
a. He has communist connections. This is a major concern, as he could possibly turn this country upside down. America was not based on communism but capitalism. Check out the links of proof;
www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-communist-mentor/
www.urbanconservative.com/2008/02/19/barack-obama-supports-communist-punk-che-guevara/
www.blogs4brownback.wordpress.com/2008/02/19/is-barack-obama-a-closet-communist/
B. He supports partial birth abortion. (Partial birth abortion is the process of aborting the baby that is able to live outside the womb. If the baby survives the first abortion, it is denied medical treatment and killed with a second abortion. TELL ME WHERE THAT IS RIGHT TO DO!!!!!!!) He is the only senator that was for it. I don't believe in abortion at all. This is appalling. Find evidence at;
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266789,00.html
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1725788/posts
www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=27006
www.ontheissues.org/senate/Barack_Obama.htm
www.associatedcontent.com/article/77500/barack_hussein_obama_jr_defends_partialbirth.html
www.prolifeblogs.com/articles/archives/2006/10/post_5.php
C. At a campaigning gathering, the National Anthum was being sung. All had their hands over their hearts but him. Not to mention, he refuses to wear an American Flag pin. That freaks me out. It makes me feel he has some alterior motives. Check out the proof of that at www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp
www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/5564470.html
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwog6E08CFU

2. He doesn't have enough experience. He hasn't even been a senator for a full two year term, and now he wants to be president?! Bull! I know that people are excited about a black man running. It is a very bold act that I give credit for: but, he doesn't have the experience at all. Not to mention, he scares me greatly. It is not the color of one's skin but the content of one's character that makes up a person. As far as I'm concerned, he lacks character.

3. In his campaigning speeches, all he talks about is change change change. but, he never says what kind of change he wants to employ. That, alone, is scary enough. What's more, his speeches are made up of bumper sticker style cliches and slogans. He is not original at all. It reminds me of Germany. The people there were so desperate for change. They hated the way things were going. Hitler, impressive with his speech hitting many people's emotional spots with slogans and bumper sticker style cliches, won them over and came to power. He committed unspeakable acts.

Jesus wouldn't even vote for that loser! See why at www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=37080

Why I DO Want McCain to win;

1. He was in the military himself. therefore, he'd make a good commander and chief.
2. He's been around awhile, and knows how things run.
3. He has a good set of values which would make him a good leader.
4. He is conservative.
5. He is not a hypocrite talking out of both sides of his mouth.
6. He is not surrounded by drama.

I loved Huckabee. It sucks that he lost. I mainly rooted for him.

Forgive me if what I'm about to say is crast: but, I have to speak the truth. Please, please read very carefully before replying to my post.

I do not want Hillary to win because;
1. She talks out of both sides of her mouth.
2. she wants to implement plans that will no doubt, raise taxs. I'm not in favor of raising taxes, as i'm a small business owner. It will also affect everyone else since the prices of goods will rise.
3. she is a woman, and as far as I'm concerned, women should not be rulers. Men were made to be heads.
4. She looks a bit psycho in the eyes.

How can you be so intolerant? You denounce a candidate because "She looks a bit psycho in the eyes," and because she is a woman? I thought Misogyny was a thing of the past--guess I was wrong

Why I do not want Obama to win;

1. There is so much scary stuff that the media, for some reason, will not publisize. they are;
a. He has communist connections. This is a major concern, as he could possibly turn this country upside down. America was not based on communism but capitalism. Check out the links of proof;
www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-communist-mentor/
www.urbanconservative.com/2008/02/19/barack-obama-supports-communist-punk-che-guevara/
www.blogs4brownback.wordpress.com/2008/02/19/is-barack-obama-a-closet-communist/
B. He supports partial birth abortion. (Partial birth abortion is the process of aborting the baby that is able to live outside the womb. If the baby survives the first abortion, it is denied medical treatment and killed with a second abortion. TELL ME WHERE THAT IS RIGHT TO DO!!!!!!!) He is the only senator that was for it. I don't believe in abortion at all. This is appalling. Find evidence at;
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266789,00.html
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1725788/posts
www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=27006
www.ontheissues.org/senate/Barack_Obama.htm
www.associatedcontent.com/article/77500/barack_hussein_obama_jr_defends_partialbirth.html
www.prolifeblogs.com/articles/archives/2006/10/post_5.php

That's a moral stance and not a statement of fact. I support abortion.
Also, saying Obama is communist, nonetheless that his views will "turn the country upside down," is a ridiculous statement. Our system of checks and balances would never allow it. He would be impeached.

C. At a campaigning gathering, the National Anthum was being sung. All had their hands over their hearts but him. Not to mention, he refuses to wear an American Flag pin. That freaks me out. It makes me feel he has some alterior motives. Check out the proof of that at www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp
www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/5564470.html
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwog6E08CFU

I'd like to point out that in the video, he is the only candidate singing. Also, here is a picture of George H.W. Bush not putting his hand over his heart during the anthem. It isn't uncommon and in no way does it make someone patriotic.

2. He doesn't have enough experience. He hasn't even been a senator for a full two year term, and now he wants to be president?! Bull! I know that people are excited about a black man running. It is a very bold act that I give credit for: but, he doesn't have the experience at all. Not to mention, he scares me greatly. It is not the color of one's skin but the content of one's character that makes up a person. As far as I'm concerned, he lacks character.

Although interpreting someone's character is subjective, I'd like to disagree. Obama's character is what got him here in the first place.

3. In his campaigning speeches, all he talks about is change change change. but, he never says what kind of change he wants to employ. That, alone, is scary enough. What's more, his speeches are made up of bumper sticker style cliches and slogans. He is not original at all. It reminds me of Germany. The people there were so desperate for change. They hated the way things were going. Hitler, impressive with his speech hitting many people's emotional spots with slogans and bumper sticker style cliches, won them over and came to power. He committed unspeakable acts.

That's a ridiculous connection. Even if Obama were somehow diabolical, again, we have checks and balances system. Our country would never allow something like that.

Jesus wouldn't even vote for that loser! See why at www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=37080

Religion and politics have no place near each other.

Why I DO Want McCain to win;

1. He was in the military himself. therefore, he'd make a good commander and chief.
2. He's been around awhile, and knows how things run.
3. He has a good set of values which would make him a good leader.
4. He is conservative.
5. He is not a hypocrite talking out of both sides of his mouth.
6. He is not surrounded by drama.

I loved Huckabee. It sucks that he lost. I mainly rooted for him.

You should be focusing more on the views of the politicians, not little things like putting your hand over your heart, being a woman, or having a communist friend. These things aren't important. Do you know anything about each candidates economic and foreign policy? Those are more the more important issues.
(also, use a spell check).

I'm voting for Mccain. The next president will face possibly some of the most trying times in American history. I don't like Hilary, and don't think Obama is the man for the job.

I'm not going to pull the whole lack of experience thing. When he speaks he never has a plan. No substance to anything that he says. He can get people rallied up, and talks a big game, but has a pretty unimpressive record in his short term as a senator, pretty standard democrat really.

Mccain will also keep the troops in Iraq. I am not a registered democrat or republican, but I believe the troops must stay there for at least another 2 years. I think Mccain is the one most likely to do this. I was against the war in the beginning, but we as a country made a commitment to the people of Iraq. And if we don't stay we'll have another Afghanistan, where we go in and get rid of some bad people, (the Russians in Afghanistan were invading if you don't recall), and then just leave them hanging in the wind. And what happened in Afghanistan? An extremist group called the Taliban with anti-American ideals took over and harbored terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom