Presidential Elections!

lmao how if Hilary inexperienced?
shes been a senator for years
she was the women behind the man in the white house
if any thing shes the most qualified

I just think she wont be doing the right thing, yes health care is important but what about Iraq?

i think Obama would do the best
he seems to be the best average American imo
smart tough sounds good 2 me

It wasn't a sexist or racist "comment" she was expressing her opinion. Everyone has a right to an opinion - i'm sure if any other female members are particularly offended by her opinion they're welcome to express their opinions as well.

Although, I don't quite get where you took any part of her post to be racist?

As for the whole debate about roles in a household - nowadays there are too many people having kids together at young ages because they're too stupid to use contraception - and so they grow up to be unstable families, they split up and then you have one parent looking after the children, most of the time with only one job and working full time. This means dysfunctional households and in todays world its all to common. I think that a lot of people, young people mostly (and no I'm not being "ageist" since I am a young person) who have lost respect for other people (and, ironically, these are the people who cry that no one has any respect for them) and the property of other people - we have gang killings with people as young as 16 being shot or beaten to death - and I think you'll find that a lot of these kids are from single parent households (and NO, im not saying that kids from all single parent households are like this)

Thanks so much for coming to my defense. I'm very glad you see where i'm coming from. And, thanks from not taking what I had said out of context. It is just that people get all uptight and offended for someone expressing their views, especially if the viewpoints are opposing theirs. So what if I believe in traditional gender roles. I guess it is a crime. LOL! :)

Excuse me for saying this, but I'm a individual, and this is America. I believe that some of you made this clear in our debate about America and its freedoms. Talk about constitutional rights? I have the freedom to express my views just as you all have the freedom to express yours and disagree. Why should I have to keep my comments and my thoughts and my feelings to myself? Why, it is because you disagree. It is because I'm not in line with your thinking, so you want me to shut up and keep silent. If I really wanted to, I could very well twist things and cry racism all because yall oppose my views. See how rediculous things can become? But, I'm not going to do that because again, THIS IS AMERICA.

The founding fathers left England to HAVE their fredoms, not to be conformists. If they wanted to always conform to society and never speak up for what they felt was right, then they could have stayed in England. This forum is made up of all different kinds of people. Face it. Sorry to be so blunt: but, I feel the occasion calls for it.

I bet that if I had not been so conservative but have went with the flow of the majority, yall'd not say that i was racist. But, because I have differing views, you call me something i'm not. It is not like I said the N word or talked like some biggot. THAT'S RACIST, and there is a drastic difference. Look at some of my other posts to get a more accurate look at my character. I'm not this horrible person that i'm being made out to be.

I've been very civil. I've not once call anyone names or broke them down. Others have, and i'm not pointing any fingers. I've been quite mature about this debate for there is nothing wrong with having healthy debates. I've appologized if it has offended you: but, I'm not bending who i am. Either you can accept me for who I am, or you don't. And, calling me racist makes for a very flimsy argument. Sorry to be so crast: but, that is how it's going to be. It is my view, and i'm standing by it.

Feel free to disagree. I'm not stopping you. I just refuse to be a spineless jellyfish and go about like the waves of the sea just to be a people pleaser. And, I also refuse to conform my beliefs with the masses just to be accepted. I actually have no respect for one who does this. I have more respect for one who wants to be their own person and form their own beliefs and values, even if they are not in line with mine. At least, they are not just doing what everyone else does and can take the heat of opposition for being who they are--their own person and not some conformist.

I realize that in life, I can't win 'em all. However, I'll be civil to them all. But, I'll always stand by the fact that I'm a leader, not a follower.

Please, I advise you all to carefully read my posts, as i feel you all are taking what I say out of context. I never said that women are not important. I merely said that EVERYONE has their place. If you disagree, fine I don't care. I don't like you any less. But, in life, everyone has a place. Or, otherwise, we'd be all one chaotic mess just as the world is becoming. And, you can't say that this world is not getting worse. It is so much different and much worse than ten years ago. I could never let my children play outdoors and run the streets as I did in my childhood. They'd be snatched. Not to mention, the crime has risen dramatically.

End of rant.

ok first off like i said again
Americans laws do no apply to this site not only becouse this site is based in London but also becouse when you sign up to this site you agree to its rules a regulations
and that includes sexist and racist comments

I was not sexest or racist. I was expressing my opinion. The only reason I brought up America is because you and others have thrown that in my face. So, I was reasoning on your platform. Crusify me for being my own person.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't even reside in the UK. Do you know their laws? I feel that you are using this against me because I disagree with your views. Therefore, you want to use this to pick at me and find some grounds to stand on. Is this your only argument? Do you feel that i must conform to what society does today? To be quite frank, society is screwed, and more and more people are messed up. The morals are decaying, and standards are getting lowered. I could go on and on. Things should go back to the way they were. The world is getting worse and worse, not better. I'm a classic conservative, and being as such would mean that I stick to the old way of doing things.

I don't dislike you at all for it. I've seen your other posts, and I think you have good character. You contribute alot, and you are a very positive asset to this forum. I think for this, we'll have to agree to disagree and be civil about it because I'm not changing my views, and I will speak my mind about issues. I'm not one to conform or keep quiet. many respect me for these qualities.

You'd really hate me if you knew all of my stands on things if this really gets to you. As I said before, I told you where I meant about it. If you choose to get upset about it, there is nothing I can do. I'm not sexest or racist for holding my views. And, someone else from the UK agrees with me that I was not being racist or sexest in any way.

To show you what being sexest and racist really is, and to show you what I did NOT mean and what I did NOT say, Here are some comments;

Here are some examples of sexest comments;

Women are dumber than men. They do not have the brains. They are ruled by emotions and need to depend on men for everything. They are nothing but PMSers and whiners who complain about everything. This is totally not true, and YES that is a sexest comment.

Here is an example of a racist comment;

People belonging to a minority group are good for nothing. White people are the best. This is so far from the truth. I'm partially Native American. If I had stated this, I'd be talking about myself. THIS IS A RACIST COMMENT.

In no way shape or form did any post I made EVER EVER EVER EVER state comments of this nature. I'd have to be struck by lightening if I had ever stated something like that.

Don't take this out of context or say that I meant it. THESE ... ARE ... JUST ... EXAMPLES!

If you can't see the difference by now, then I can't make you. We'll just have to agree to disagree to move on because you are not changing and I'm not either. I'm just so sorry you can't see how the tides can be turned and the shoe could be on the other foot. You aren't choosing to see it. And, I'm not being disrespectful to you or anyone else in this forum for being my own person and expressing my own opinions. Sorry if they are not in line with yours. I also have to point out that you ar the only one who is really getting bent out of shape for it.

I still like you anyways. You are a cool guy. You are an individual, and I respect you though your way of thinking is different than mine.

lisen no matter what country your from no laws matter on this website
the web is free
only thing that matters are the rules set up by the sit
and you can look at it any way but that was a sexist comment
and my only point is no sexist or racist comments
now please drop it
and lets continue the talk about the candidates
i like Obma becouse i feel hes a strong leader and an average American
he knows what the average guy wants and i like that

i like Obma becouse i feel hes a strong leader and an average American
he knows what the average guy wants and i like that

But what has he lead that makes him a leader? He was in the Illinois state senate, and has been in the US senate for three years but has done very little. He has voted "present" on most of the votes he was there for. He also has missed tons and tons of senate votes because he has been campaigning for the presidency for most of his term. If he can't do what his constituents elected him to do, how can he run a country where WE elect him to run the nation. Also knowing what someone wants and promising them everything they want to hear is different than actually doing something. He's a good talker, but I haven't seen much doing on his part. He seems to promote himself, get elected into an office, and then promote himself for something else. I like him and think he's a decent man but I don't think I'd vote for him because his strong lack of experience, and the fact that his positions and my positions are pretty different. I'm not a strong liberal at all and am more conservative, he was named the most liberal member of the senate in 2007, more so than Ted Kennedy or John Kerry. There's nothing wrong with being liberal, but going too far on either end of the spectrum isn't good. That goes for being too far conservative as well.
All these campaigns are full of false promises. Obama has some good ideas but his whole campaign is the word "change" which can mean many things good or bad. He's running on promises that will go unfulfilled just like they did with every other president. There are factors that decide the outcomes of these promises. What if Obama is elected and has to work with a Republican congress? there goes his universal healthcare, energy independence and ending the war. Same goes for a divided congress like we've got now, nothing will get done and it will reflect badly on his part. Honestly, I'm more focused on the members of congress that are up for election since they're the ones who make the laws and write bills.

Keep in mind I am NOT bashing Obama and I do like and respect him. I think it's great that we've got a black man as the front runner for the presidency, and the fact that he's young is cool. This is history being made. I just don't feel he is ready to lead the nation given its current state of being. I do like the fact he has kept his campaign clean and has not used the tactics that Clinton has used. McCain and Obama have run a clean campaign against one another and that's one thing I admire from both of those candidates. Change in small doses is a good thing, but too much of a good thing isn't really a good thing.

One last thing, I didn't read anything sexist or racist in Waldorf PC's posts. It's interesting to read the female perspective on issues such as the role of women, and abortion. While I might not agree with a few things said, it's nice to see a female participating in a debate on a forum that is largely dominated by males. What I saw in her posts was meaning what you say and saying what you mean. Speaking your mind is a good thing, it's freedom of speech and thankfully we are able to engage in these types of debates here and keep them clean. I've been here for about a year and a half and I've seen some pretty ugly debates, this one is probably the most productive and meaningful debates I've seen in my time here.

Ok that's my 2 cents!

Back
Top Bottom