Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #41
In Runtime

Default Re: Presidental Election 2008: Pick and Defend Your Candidate!

clinton wouldnt be terrible cause bill is still with her and they do converse with each other so he would kinda still be running

My setup: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+, 2Gb A-data ddr800, MSI K9A2 CF 790X, MSI 2600XT T2D512EZ, Samsung DVD-RW, Ultra 500W PS Vseries, Maxtor 80Gb, Aspire Mid-tower case, Windows xp Home, Westinghouse 19" LCD
kostonbleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #42
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostonbleeds View Post
McCain would be the way to go to save our country. He's a liberal conservative and says it the way it is. He's an honest guy and knows how things have to work. Obama claims he's going to pull the military out right away which is virtually impossible, McCain knows that it will take some time, just look at Vietnam....it's the same war people!

McCain is the way to go
I think he knows how things work and how things should be. He definitely knows about government and has experience, he was a POW for 6+ years and refused to leave until his fellow prisoners left. That shows the kind of honor and sacrifice he gave his country. While I might not agree with everything he stands for, I think he should have won in 2000 and has the experience and leadership necessary. He's also not super conservative which is something I like. He has shown that he can work with members of other parties which I also want to see done in Washington. I don't want a president who is too conservative or too liberal, something in the middle to balance things out would be good in my opinion. I think one thing we can all agree on regardless of ideology or political party, we need a president who can turn this mess around.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #43
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

no candidate will every suite my needs, since there not me

im going to run for president as soon as i can (when im able to according to the consitution) just to see what happens.
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #44
BSOD

I think we need a young president. We need a president to stop this war. We need to get out of there and forget the oil. Then we find another source of energy(which we have but America is to lazy to do it) and leave the rest of the countries in our dust. This is a war of oil and religion. WEre in it for the oil.
Dark Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #45
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemcbob0876 View Post
I think we need a young president. We need a president to stop this war. We need to get out of there and forget the oil. Then we find another source of energy(which we have but America is to lazy to do it) and leave the rest of the countries in our dust. This is a war of oil and religion. WEre in it for the oil.
the war does need to end but there was no and is no exit strategy for this war thus we cant just end it. as for being too lazy thats not true. the technology does exist and the people love it but when it comes down to it the oil companies can afford much better debaters than the alternatives thus all the money people are making from oil is much better than the long run effects of global warming and the inability to transfer over to and alternative fuel when the supply does run out. they figured out how to burn salt water using micro-waves for energy so what the hell my gallon of gas is 3.00(NH)
My setup: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+, 2Gb A-data ddr800, MSI K9A2 CF 790X, MSI 2600XT T2D512EZ, Samsung DVD-RW, Ultra 500W PS Vseries, Maxtor 80Gb, Aspire Mid-tower case, Windows xp Home, Westinghouse 19" LCD
Old 01-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #46
BSOD

Yes No exit stradegy. We need a president who has one and can get us out withought any harm.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #47
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemcbob0876 View Post
Yes No exit stradegy. We need a president who has one and can get us out withought any harm.
read Fiasco

there really isnt a way that we can pull out without any harm....just look at vietnam once we decided to leave we still lost half of the total number of troops that died in that war.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #48
BSOD

no president will ever be able to come up with an exit strategey, thats the militarizes job, and they wont do so until the president tells them to. completely withdrawing over 100,000 troops isnt easy.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #49
BSOD

Yea, maybe our allies in europe should help us some more. I think France should send its little army over here. ITs not much but it helps. I mean withought us ther wouldnt be a FRance. Dont you think they are in our debt?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #50
BSOD

with out france there would be now us you idiot, they saved our scronny ass's before we did, we would NOT have won the revolution w\o there navy.

secondly why should they send there army over there when we want ours out? Europe's strategy is a good one, let the pro's handle it. they basically send there special forces units over there, and thats just about it, no need for more. SF units are trained for this kind of ware, regular units just arent ready for the games the terrorists\extremists play.