Preffered Instant Messenging Client

I used to have AOL, then it screwed up, which is fair enough, but this isn't:

I rang them up saying my internet connection wasn't working, and do you know what they said? Do you? You won't believe it:

'I'll email you the solution.'

Those f*****g idiots!

From then on I vowed never to touch AOL again. I got Blueyonder whichs works perfectly, and it's mega cheap, only £17.99 a month for 2meg.

Anyway, MSN for me.

athlon64fx said:
duh that's stupid of aol to do that! drr they are baaad! mooooooorrrrrrrrroooooonnnnnsss!

You just sounded like my 9 year old cousin when shes trying to insult me

And btw, For the record, GAIM > Trillian. Have you even seen how loosely coded Trillian is? Theres so many exploits to make that thing crash its funny.

I only use Portable GAIM when I'm at my school, since we're not allowed to use instant messenging clients.

portable?

and i have trouble setting up instant messenging clients, I have the admin pass and all, rights to do whatever, but the server blocks things and its run by the school district so I cant unblock sites. The servers you use to talk on msn, yahoo, and aim are all blocked. really need a working proxy =\ I forgot how to turn an old box into one, anyone know how?

Paradox said:
You just sounded like my 9 year old cousin when shes trying to insult me

I was making fun of aol too. he he

all I had to do at my school was go into internet exploder and take the proxy url out of the proxy options. also you can tunnel through proxies using websites or googling for public free proxies. and then you can access the net, unfiltered!

>_> I was talking about proxies that worked on the corresponding port for message clients, Not standard 8080, 7023, 80, 8000, 8888 nonsense, Who do you think you're talking to? Those web based proxies don't help with jack, and the ones you use in IE wont either.

I know but soem of them do offer port forwarding features. I seen a few that did. I seen soem specialized messenger only ones too. and a redirect website of some sort (back in june- dont know if it works)

Back
Top Bottom