Re: Pre-Configured Desktop PC Reviews...
I appreciate the vote of confidence mammikoura, I wish I had the time to do that...
At any rate, I too think customizing is the best option...but w/ limited knowledge, I'll need some help. What do you think about this setup/price:
1. Case: 100588 - PS 450W - Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet
2. Case Fan: 100873 - 80mm - Antec 80mm Quiet Case Fan
3. Motherboard: 110806 - Asus A8V K8T800 Pro No-WiFi/Audio/GB-LAN/
4. Processor: 120210 - AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 512K 90nm Rev. E Veni
5. Thermal Grease: 800018 - Shin-Etsu G675 Thermal Grease (Cools CPU
6. Heat Sink Fan: 130150 - Thermaltake A1772 AMD Recommended for Opt
7. Memory: 140218 - DDR (400) 3200 - 1 GB Corsair
8. Hard Drive: 150245 - SATA3G - Western Digital Caviar SE 200 GB
9. Floppy Drive: 170104 - Sony 1.44MB 3.5" (Black) Floppy Drive
10. Video Card: 190656 - ATI (Sapphire) 9600XT 256 MB DDR/8X-AGP/T
* I already have a DVD-R/RW+, Sound Card (M-Audio - Audiophile 24/96) and Windows XP Pro.
Is this a good chip/mobo combo?
Thanks again for your help.