Power Steering

sniperviper21

Golden Master
ok so my power steering went out, and theres no fluid.

happen just now.

i was about 15 miles from home

its on the pressure side, the tube is next to the battery, i think the whole is from it rubbing up next to the battery its self.

i thought i was going to make it home, because PS isnt really needed to keep your car running right, just maybe hard to turn.

so i got about 5 more miles, and i could barely steer into a parking spot, like it was as if it was vapor locked. so i stopped at pet boys to get a line and they didnt have any so i made a temp fix with that black duct tape and 2 keyed C clamps. its 'holding' for now, but after i filled up the PS fluid it is almost gone again when i checked when i got home. so i'm guessing its leaking somewhere else to.

anyone got an idea for the price range of a new PS line? its the pressure one, not return.

Wow....must be a new car thing. I bought my truck '77 Chevy P/U 1/2 ton with the power steering out. I understand it can damage the box after a while, but it didn't do what you are describing with your vehicle. It just took manliness to drive........Curious......

vehicles with power steering are a ton hard to drive when it goes out then vehicles without power steering in the first place.

Well when you fix it and find out where it's rubbing, take a piece of 3/8 fuel line and split it and stick it over the power steering line right where it's rubbing, it'll protect it.

You really shouldn't drive it with no p/s fluid man, it'll burn up your p/s pump.....

Back
Top Bottom