Posting in the right sections

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest, I didn't know anyone hang out in the Social section... I hang around the hardware section for about two weeks, then forget about it for a month, then come back and try to answer some more questions...

But this "Social" thing might be kind of fun ;)

I've been doing a lot of that lately, and I apologize. Most of those threads you moved are probably mine. Again, I apologize for that.

I haven't been doing this, but to be honest I have been thinking about doing it on certain posts just to get responses. It seems whenever I post correctly in General Electrics (I think that's what it's called) I never get any responses.

Yeah, I know... Waaaaaaaaa!

I have an idea, but I'm not so sure if it would be effective at all. What if we were to assign "officers" to each section. Elected by other members (or self-appointed, doesn't matter), these officers would be in charging of checking a section everyday and answering any unanswered posts. If they don't know the answer, they would have to PM another person who does. The point of this is to essentially kill this habit of posting in the Social Lounge.

PS: Preferably, they should have good knowledge of the section they're going to cover. ie: Berry120 could take the Programming section.

That's what I do. I answer unanswered posts in, well, at least the networking and hardware side... and some of them that I think would be a doosey I look at just in case the solution hasn't been found. I don't, however, think the pming would work. If some of these people are like me, they won't get on unless I have to or think about it.

If someone on here said, "Hey, check the forum every day", then I would do it, but there's not ;)

You would be a great candidate. You should do it, Joga :D

Wait, there you go again Joga, that should have been posted in the "Suggestions" section!

Woah wtf, someone just posted a new post in the "Reviews" section that I'm pretty sure is not supposed to be there. And I never knew the Reviews section existed.... looking around in there it seems like that's where people post their hardware problems that they don't want answered...or never get looked at.

Never thought of that... because I never gave it much thought. :p

I would do that if I checked my email all the time ;)

Thanks guys, I just wanted to put that out there because I feel it makes the forum look messy when you have threads in a section that have nothing to do with the topic of the section, ya know.

I know that the social lounge is the most active section and you guys want your questions answered quick and whatever else, but there are sections for a reason and the threads dealing with those specific topics should be there.

lol its true

if i have a hardware issue, i try to pass it off as something else, post in social, because i seem to get faster answers from the right people.
though i KNOW i shouldnt do that.

Yeah I think thats very true, but like everyone is saying, the boards are there for a reason so please try to post in the correct section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom