Posting bots...

spank_fusion said:
He never said it was this forum. Jeez, you guys never give these people a chance to explain themselves. Now, yes, it sounds a lot like he's going to spam the hell out of a forum, but at least hear him out first. There might actually be a good reason. I thought this forum was supposed to treat its members (especially its new ones) with respect.

Now if he explains, and it still sounds bad, then lock the thread or whatever. Otherwise, give the man a chance.

OH,, it's not this forum.. So that makes it ok..
the only reason for something like this is to spam or flood.. How else would it know what to post? Especially if someone repies like you did? How would this Bot know to respond?

While it's a neat Idea and I give credit for that.. I think his intentions aren't to just simply have fun.

Wow, you guys really need to keep in mind the context when you're reading my posts. I didn't say that just because it might not be this forum means it's okay. I'm saying that there might be a valid reason for him wanting to do this. Don't put words in my mouth.

I suggest that you try it in PHP...

it's an interesting idea, are you planning to make an intelligent bot that can reply to posts reasonably or just something to spam the crap out of a place?

this sounds very much like something that could be used to start spam threads advertising stuff on a very large scale,

the biggest problem (as far as I can see) is that you have to be logged in, and i don't think you'll find many forums that will let a script log in since most are cookie based.

how far have you got wth trying to make this?

how far have you got wth trying to make this?
Done. I used Java to keep sumbitting the form that created new threads. I used a timer to set the time between each one being created.

I'll admit this was for spamming, but I wasn't advertising - I had my own reasons. I think it went pretty well, over 3,700 threads (320 pages) in a few hours :D And all on 56k too, heh.

As for the cookie thing, I just made an account on the forum and I ran the script from my computer - so it auto logged me in.

You can use one called the Alice bot.

Take a look here: http://www.rgforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13 we run it!
Cool, I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom