Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #31
In Runtime
 
lewblue83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 225
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Wow your response is horrible. So what if the government is in debt? That is not caused by them priniting documents in two languages. It is very different.

Also, the street sign thing is a nonissue. Learning at most 20 phrases/words will not be hard. Documents are a totally different matter. It would take years of learning to be able to fully understand them.


are you retarded on purpose? i was using the government as an example that they dont always make the best decisions since you said. "The government makes much more important decisions o benefit way less than 20% of the public"

so i wasnt implying that debt is caused by the language issue! i was implying that the government doesnt make the BEST decisions.

im done with this , its like trying to teach a gorilla how to do long division.

-------------------------------END-----------------------------------
__________________

lewblue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #32
Daemon Poster
 
MetalOverlord76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,012
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewblue83 View Post
are you retarded on purpose? i was using the government as an example that they dont always make the best decisions since you said. "The government makes much more important decisions o benefit way less than 20% of the public"

so i wasnt implying that debt is caused by the language issue! i was implying that the government doesnt make the BEST decisions.

im done with this , its like trying to teach a gorilla how to do long division.

-------------------------------END-----------------------------------
See ya
__________________

__________________
Do not trifle with dragons, for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup
MetalOverlord76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #33
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewblue83 View Post
this country should have an official language because it will only cause chaos. one side will want all documents in their own language and so will another, pretty soon there will be 28 different copies of the same form at the post office.

just so we can make the "world happy"
I lol at the fact that you think that having an official language will solve things. Bahahahaha. Like if English was magically made the official language that people would stop requesting documents in their native languages? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You sir, fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
20% is very significant. One out of every five people would benefit from it. The government makes much more important decisions o benefit way less than 20% of the public, so yes very significant. You fail at logic.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Wow your response is horrible. So what if the government is in debt? That is not caused by them priniting documents in two languages. It is very different.

Also, the street sign thing is a nonissue. Learning at most 20 phrases/words will not be hard. Documents are a totally different matter. It would take years of learning to be able to fully understand them.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewblue83 View Post
no official language? ok cool. from now on, all street signs will be in japanese. then we will see who is bitchin.

if i moved to italy, id learn italian.
if i moved to russia id learn russian
if i moved to spain id learn spanish.


the point is. ENGLISH is probably one of if not THE MOST widely used language in the world. so just because the 20% non english speaking immigrants want us to change doesnt mean we have to. why should we bend over backwards for them? its called the MAJORITY VOTE. not minority.
And you wonder why the Civil Rights and Women's Rights movements took so long. You. Are. Fail.
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #34
In Runtime
 
lewblue83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 225
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
And you wonder why the Civil Rights and Women's Rights movements took so long. You. Are. Fail.
WOW. totally. utterly. completely. different situation. leave it to one person to always bring up racial stuff.

im not implying "oh your opinion doesnt matter since your a different race"

im saying we VOTE ON STUFF. Majority wins! Democracy wins!

we dont vote and say "well obama got 60% of the votes, butttt McCain still got 40%. sooooo lets just put McCain in because thats the only fair way to do it because we feel bad for the 40% of people that voted for him"



please dont turn this in to a racial battle.

unbelieveable.
lewblue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #35
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewblue83 View Post
are you retarded on purpose? i was using the government as an example that they dont always make the best decisions since you said. "The government makes much more important decisions o benefit way less than 20% of the public"

so i wasnt implying that debt is caused by the language issue! i was implying that the government doesnt make the BEST decisions.

im done with this , its like trying to teach a gorilla how to do long division.

-------------------------------END-----------------------------------
Yep, and it will just be the end of the world if they print documents in Spanish. idk why people oppose this, it won't cost hardly anything, but it sure will help a lot of people out.

Teaching a gorilla long division? What exactly are you trying to do that is so difficult? Youthink that by making some very weak points and insulting us that we should automatically follow everything you say? Sorry, we are not sheeple (thanks Walton and Johnson lol). Give some real points, then we can talk.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #36
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Ok so they come in and want to deal with me but I don't speak their lingo. They stand there babbling on in some language I have no clue about and expect me to understand them. They get pissed off because I don't.
Why then is there not a common language for all of us/them to use in the US? Well the majority speak english here. So why in the f do I have to bend to them when they make no effort to learn a second language?
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #37
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewblue83 View Post
WOW. totally. utterly. completely. different situation. leave it to one person to always bring up racial stuff.

im not implying "oh your opinion doesnt matter since your a different race"

im saying we VOTE ON STUFF. Majority wins! Democracy wins!

we dont vote and say "well obama got 60% of the votes, butttt McCain still got 40%. sooooo lets just put McCain in because thats the only fair way to do it because we feel bad for the 40% of people that voted for him"



please dont turn this in to a racial battle.

unbelieveable.
First of all, your debt thing was a totally utterly completely different situation as well. Second, nobody but you said anything about race. Third, it does not hurt English speaking people if they also print things in Spanish, so your McCain/Obama analogy is irrelevant.

Like I said, give us a real reason why it should not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
Ok so they come in and want to deal with me but I don't speak their lingo. They stand there babbling on in some language I have no clue about and expect me to understand them. They get pissed off because I don't.
Why then is there not a common language for all of us/them to use in the US? Well the majority speak english here. So why in the f do I have to bend to them when they make no effort to learn a second language?
His is a matter of getting documents from the government in their language. It takes years of learning to be able to understand everything that is written on them if it is not their native language, so that basically means that even if you are learning, you're pretty screwed for a while.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #38
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
Ok so they come in and want to deal with me but I don't speak their lingo. They stand there babbling on in some language I have no clue about and expect me to understand them. They get pissed off because I don't.
Why then is there not a common language for all of us/them to use in the US? Well the majority speak english here. So why in the f do I have to bend to them when they make no effort to learn a second language?
So let them be pissed off then. It'll be their loss. You can't honestly tell me that every person who is non-English speaking has come in and bitched at you. Plus, if you don't speak their language, how do you even know what they are saying to you. You shouldn't care. Let me ask you this, if English speaking people come in and bitch at you, do you get this upset. I bet you don't. Think about it. Honestly. I'm not trying to call you out. But honestly think about when you've gotten mad at someone. Usually it's for a good reason. This...really isn't one.
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #39
Fully Optimized
 
Grantofhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,762
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Allow me to make my position clear so I am not misunderstood. I have nothing against the government printing in other languages. But that should be per request. English should be a standard with other languages provided if asked for. As for communications by mouth? English. If you don't want to take the initiative to learn what has pretty much been accepted as a standard, don't get upset when you basically get told to sod off.
__________________
RD-PC -//- i7 950 // Evga x58 SLI // 3x2 OCZ PC3-12800 // 2x Evga GTX470 // Corsair HX850 // SilverStone TJ07
Grantofhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #40
In Runtime
 
lewblue83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 225
Default Re: Possibly the best political statement ever made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
First of all, your debt thing was a totally utterly completely different situation as well. Second, nobody but you said anything about race. Third, it does not hurt English speaking people if they also print things in Spanish, so your McCain/Obama analogy is irrelevant.

Like I said, give us a real reason why it should not happen.



His is a matter of getting documents from the government in their language. It takes years of learning to be able to understand everything that is written on them if it is not their native language, so that basically means that even if you are learning, you're pretty screwed for a while.
someone said something about "civil rights" if you dont know what civil rights was, grab a freakin book. that was what got me goin on about race.

the mccain obama thing wasnt about race. i was using it as an example of majority vote vs minority vote.


reading comprehension owns you people i swear to god.

the point is this. now READ SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY.

this is an EXAMPLE. i was on unemployment before. it was GREAT. i got paid to sit on my ass for 7 months. there was literally NO MOTIVATION for me to go find a job. which is why unemployment sucks, and needs reform ASAP. its another socialist program bankrupting the country. so is social security.

NOW listen. if you begin to bend over backwards for everyone with a language barrier, there will be no motivation for them to learn the language that EVERYONE speaks in the United States. So they will ALWAYS need a translator, and it may even prevent them from getting certain jobs.

learning english can only BENEFIT someone in the United States. So i dont see the problem with someone learning it, there are plenty of free programs and classes to learn.
__________________

lewblue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0