Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-08-2005, 11:51 PM   #51
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Well you see why it is good not to base an economy of petroleum then? The United Arab Emirates for example has enough oil to last another 100 years, but they are switching their economy to high tech and establishing itself as a trading center.
Of course; I wouldn't myself have Petrol as any part of an economy given the choice. But Trading Centre? I do hate Middlemen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Not quite. We have better technology and better weather.
Haha. During the Winter; during the Summer the difference is not that much. Technology and Farming... why not go into Hydroponics? Farming has no Technology. You mean bigger Tractors, or more Irrigation Technologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
America made plenty of comebacks.. after the Russians put someone in space, we did. After the russians got a satellite, we got better ones up there. We did better because we have better technology (and the bulk of scientists that were originally from Germany).
Very good Developments Developments aren't comebacks - to have had a comeback would have been to do something the Russians didn't start. We all know Americans Develop very well; I don't dispute that. Don't invent very well though do they
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline  
Old 04-08-2005, 11:53 PM   #52
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Of course; I wouldn't myself have Petrol as any part of an economy given the choice. But Trading Centre? I do hate Middlemen...
Well the UAE is very diverse.. and is a trading center because it is strategically located. Dubai is basically a big port. Ports are needed in this world, take it or leave it, smart one.

Quote:
Haha. During the Winter; during the Summer the difference is not that much. Technology and Farming... why not go into Hydroponics? Farming has no Technology. You mean bigger Tractors, or more Irrigation Technologies.
GM seeds.

Quote:
Very good Developments Developments aren't comebacks - to have had a comeback would have been to do something the Russians didn't start. We all know Americans Develop very well; I don't dispute that. Don't invent very well though do they
These are comebacks.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline  
Old 04-09-2005, 12:07 AM   #53
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Well the UAE is very diverse.. and is a trading center because it is strategically located. Dubai is basically a big port. Ports are needed in this world, take it or leave it, smart one.
Only to buy things - you don't need a Port to stop off in, sell goods, then have somebody buy it from Dubai and then another ship go to that person. You buy it from the original guy, and they send it to you. Its not as if ships can't make the full trip. Ports are all well and good; but we all know Trading Centres are there to take things and deliver them to the people who originally brought them. They're there to buy things, and sell them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
GM seeds.
Haha; do Americans use GM Seeds? Nobody wants them here... its a dreadful shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
These are comebacks.
Developments? I suppose a country of people who can't invent would believe Developments to be comebacks...
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline  
Old 04-09-2005, 12:09 AM   #54
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Only to buy things - you don't need a Port to stop off in, sell goods, then have somebody buy it from Dubai and then another ship go to that person. You buy it from the original guy, and they send it to you. Its not as if ships can't make the full trip. Ports are all well and good; but we all know Trading Centres are there to take things and deliver them to the people who originally brought them. They're there to buy things, and sell them on.
Yes you do need a port. And Dubai is an important trading center. This is vital to capitalism. And to hell with your wrong opinion. You don't know anything about the facts.

Quote:
Haha; do Americans use GM Seeds? Nobody wants them here... its a dreadful shame.
If it wasn't for GM seeds many people would starve and die. But you want mass starvation because you are merely a foolish leftist european thug.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 04-09-2005, 12:44 AM   #55
Daemon Poster
 
yellowsnowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 559
Send a message via AIM to yellowsnowman
Default Re: Pope

wow... pope --> russian communism?
yellowsnowman is offline  
Old 04-09-2005, 12:58 AM   #56
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Pope

yea beats the heck out of me. The pope did have a lot to do with assisting in the downfall of communism, especially in his native poland, however.

I think an italian conservative will retake the papacy... like it had before for like several hundred years. The church will stay behind the times.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 04-09-2005, 01:41 AM   #57
Golden Master
 
athlon64fx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,153
Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx
Default Re: Pope

duh! the church is the reason times have slowed! thats the reason medical advances are slow!!!

thats th reason there's no cure for cancer, or we have too many unwanted and sick babies, or we have constant problems.

Cathloics and cristians dotn want to advance medically becuse they accuse them of "playing god" when in fact, there is no such thing.

Thats the reason we have caner, and people are dying, I lost a good deal of my family to cancer and oither diseaes that could have easy been prevented if it werent for stuff being illegalized due to christins being in the hosue of government!

now lets get into stem cells, you put a stem cell from fetuses and stick it right next to an existing cell and for example, heart cells, they will turn it into heart cells.

now cristians dont belive in using fetuses for that, lots of fetuses they use are dead anyways or born way too early. they belive that they shoudl elt teh baby live, and agian, playing god issue.

they even know thier is no god themselves! they contune to do this though since they can control and minupulate others.

the worst religions however is scientologists, they are against even using tylenol to cure a headache! that is a load of BS and all these stupid celebs support it. but yet, they use makep and get plastic surgery??!!!

Religion is soemthign that needs to be done away with FAST before this world crumbles! I cant wait till teh religios freeks die out, so none of this arguing will persist and the world can start advancing in medicine and what not!

because religion is THE reason we dotn ahve cures for most "uncurable" deasees. its THE reason, innocent women and childern get killed, its THE reason your loved ones, who would benfiti and HAVE THIER LIVES SAVED by stem cells, or cloning body parts, or anything of the like are dying!!!
athlon64fx is offline  
Old 04-09-2005, 01:44 AM   #58
Golden Master
 
athlon64fx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,153
Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx
Default Re: Pope

just imagine the possibilities of a world that will constantly advance, and no religios boundaries to keep people away from such brilliant technologies to save us all!
athlon64fx is offline  
Old 04-09-2005, 01:51 AM   #59
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Pope

No need to double post. You made your point and yes I do agree the church is a huge impediment in scientific process, but not so much anymore because scientists don't give a damn about the Vatican. Science is a secular thing these days.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 04-09-2005, 02:06 AM   #60
Fully Optimized
 
NOFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,797
Default Re: Pope

Gian you always double post.
__________________

__________________
3.0GHZ INTEL PRESCOTT CPU
1 GIG KINGSTON RAM
200 GB WESTERN DIGITAL HD
RADEON X800 PRO
JOIN RG Forums its Hella Good!!!
NOFX is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0