Pop up ads

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
I'm sick of the ads that pop up over top of the website you are trying to look at. All that does is make me mad, make me look for the X to close it, and I rarely, if ever, actually look at the ad. To make it worse are the ones that pop up at the top of the page and push everything down, so that the link I was trying to click on (because the ad took 5 seconds to load after I got to the page) is now pushed down and I end up clicking on another link.

They should do a study where they ask people to browse to a link on a particular website and have an add pop up that isn't related to what the people are trying to do and then ask them what the ad was about. I wonder how many people would actually remember.

yeah i aswell don't think many will even look at it before closing it.
there are add blockers out there. i use adblock for chrome. works very well.

You do know there is a popup blocker built in to IE. For those that still appear you'll have to find a pop under blocker.

It's not a popup like an old school popup. It just opens on top of the page and is just an ad that u have to close before you can browse the site. Don't know if ad blockers get these are not. Regardless it's at work so can't.

Ah yes I hate those pop ups when I can be on certain websites, The pop up blocker features in chrome doesn't always block them I have found, does anyone always get them 888 poker ones?

If you use chrome or firefox get adblock plus it gets rid of nearly all the ads if you add a few more filters then just the one that comes with it.

If you use chrome or firefox get adblock plus it gets rid of nearly all the ads if you add a few more filters then just the one that comes with it.

just google adblock plus, i think its only been mentioned 500 times XD

suprised there arnt many other adblockers...

There is a new pop-up going around. The main page of interest serves as a link (yes, the entire page), so any place that you try to click on -- to log-in, to click on links, etc., sends visitors to another page. Since this is a link, most pop-up blockers disregard it. :(

I hate the ones that pop up on the side and then slowly slide to the center of the screen...

Or NFL.com has SO many ads, it's ridiculous. I also hate video ads on sites where I am not watching a video, like nfl.com... I check to see a score, and some guy is talking to me about progressive insurance all of a sudden. Makes me mad, haha.

Back
Top Bottom