Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2004, 02:25 AM   #21
Fully Optimized
 
NOFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,797
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

haha... no one really likes you that much do the Giancarlo.
__________________

NOFX is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 02:30 AM   #22
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
WTF?!?! when the hell did i say that the war on terror was wrong?!?!
I was just speaking in general terms not to anyone specific.
__________________

__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 02:31 AM   #23
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by airiox
I was just speaking in general terms not to anyone specific.
ok. lol it seemed like it was referring to me.
alvino is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 02:37 AM   #24
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

yeah what you said was funny, i just started reading and you were like yeah. anyways...
__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 02:45 AM   #25
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
I personally find it disgusting to fight with giancarlo. Normally right now i would be writing a report on how global warming IS an issue, but giancarlo would flame me and call me an idiot, and he wouldn't give about my opionion, So i'm not even going to bother. Mods, I reccomend you close this thread
I personally find you disgusting and I find your attitude disgusting. Global warming is a natural occurrance. So please don't be me this crap about me being disgusting to talk to. You don't have your issues right. Besides your political views are pretty off from reality. I suggest that mods just ban you.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 02:46 AM   #26
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx
So you think you outsmarted and outwitted me by taking what I said about George Bush and John Howard and reusing it, with a bit of your own hilarious material, in a pathetic attempt to insult me and try to act superior, hmm yes well done.

On another note do you call people "illiterate dolts" alot. Because I dont know what your trying to achieve by saying it. I mean come on a Dolt what the hell is a dolt.
Yes I did outwit and outsmart you in this topic. You are hilarious. Your views are funny and irrelevant. You are pathetic. You don't even deserve to be using a computer.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 03:01 AM   #27
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

welll... rakedog can reply then this is closed most likely.
__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 12:20 PM   #28
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

Okay. Topic = Global warming

To start off, if anyone here is going to be banned, it will be you for flaming everyone, but anyhow.

It is true that the earth does 'naturally' heat slowly. However, here is the problem. The way the earth 'recycling' system works is:
Carbon Dioxide released by cars, humans, everything -> goes to plants -> plants do photosynthesis -> water and oxygen released.

Now let's talk rainforests. The world rainforests are the key to photosynthesis. They are extremely dense, and contain a LOT of green plants that do photosynthesis at astronomical rates. The Amazon River forests alone have been estimated to recycling up to 20% of the world carbon dioxide. It's the biggest rainforest in the world, so obviously, it's very important. The problem is that we are cutting them down at a rate of more then all the land in poland per year. This means that 137 species of animals die every day (That is way higher then the natural rate of extinction). And No, it is NOT possible to simple 'regrow' these rainforsts. Because of the density of the forest, it takes hundreds of years to get them into their original condition. And this is all only about rainforests, i'm not talking about regular timber.

So why is this important? Simple: We have jumped up on CO2 emmision from cars and factories, and AT THE SAME TIME, we are cutting down the only thing that will restore oxygen back into the atmosphere.

Another byproduct of many facotries are gases that deterioate the ozone layer. If this layer is destroyed, we are pretty much dead (Or it is the end of life as we know it). We need to immidiately cut down on this, and Bush isn't willing to be that supportive of it. In fact, he delayed and propsed INCREASING the methyl bromide production, instead of trying to reduce it.

His administration rolled back 30 years of progress under the Clean Air and Water Act and allowed polluters to put toxic levels of mercury in our air and water.

But my whole point of my arguement is that we need to REDUCE car and facotry CO2 production, Stop the cuttdown of rainforests at all times, and rebuild them. The 1 degree increase in temperature may be 'natural', but normally these processes take hundreds of years, not 30.

Oh and about your comment on the arctic refuge, do you realize how BIG that thing is? 5% is a huge area!
__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 12:53 PM   #29
Fully Optimized
 
Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,111
Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
I personally find you disgusting and I find your attitude disgusting. Global warming is a natural occurrance. So please don't be me this crap about me being disgusting to talk to. You don't have your issues right. Besides your political views are pretty off from reality. I suggest that mods just ban you.
Sorry to dissapoint your mountain sized ego Giancarlo, but the last time I checked, it is the Mods that make the decisions, not you.

You may be studying Political Science, but like it or not, it does not give you the right to put down other members with statements like "you are wrong.". They may be wrong, they may be right, but atleast some of us around here respect anothers opinions, which I have seen little of coming from you. It also does not give you the right to call other people idiots, morons and the like.

Stop being rude to others and learn to respect others' opinions, or it is I that will be soon suggesting to the other mods to ban you.
Slayer is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 01:36 PM   #30
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Politics, War on Terrorism etc. Discussion

The typical rabid greenist argument...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
Okay. Topic = Global warming

To start off, if anyone here is going to be banned, it will be you for flaming everyone, but anyhow.
No it is you for calling people disgusting, I did likewise.

Quote:
It is true that the earth does 'naturally' heat slowly. However, here is the problem. The way the earth 'recycling' system works is:
Carbon Dioxide released by cars, humans, everything -> goes to plants -> plants do photosynthesis -> water and oxygen released.
Carbon dioxide gets released in greater amounts by natural events such as volcanoes, by two hundred fold. It is very illogical to say we have impacted more then 1% of the current global warming.

Quote:
Now let's talk rainforests. The world rainforests are the key to photosynthesis. They are extremely dense, and contain a LOT of green plants that do photosynthesis at astronomical rates. The Amazon River forests alone have been estimated to recycling up to 20% of the world carbon dioxide. It's the biggest rainforest in the world, so obviously, it's very important. The problem is that we are cutting them down at a rate of more then all the land in poland per year.
I'm not denying that at all. In fact blame the socialist government in Brazil for allowing the problem to continue. They should stop there illogical economic program that hasn't helped their economy that much and put something that is more sound, like working towards a high tech society. We have one to look forward to and it is not radical green policies that you want. It is the next wave of industry, the high tech sector. Let businesses go high-tech and this will help them pollute less. Same goes with cars. We have fuel cell cars, hybrid cars and hydrogen cars I believe on the horizon. We will need less and less wood from trees for heating. The timber and agricultural industry is the one you should be complaining about in Brazil. The top soil in jungles is actually very poor if you want to know the truth.

Quote:
And No, it is NOT possible to simple 'regrow' these rainforsts. Because of the density of the forest, it takes hundreds of years to get them into their original condition. And this is all only about rainforests, i'm not talking about regular timber.
I never said that and I also propose asking the Brazilian government to do something more. It is their land. They encompass the largest amount of jungle in South America.

Quote:
Simple: We have jumped up on CO2 emmision from cars and factories, and AT THE SAME TIME, we are cutting down the only thing that will restore oxygen back into the atmosphere.
What do you propose numb nuts? Cutting down carbon dioxide emissions? Not possible. We need to economically expand. The kyoto protocol would kill the economy. We need to advance to a technological society, something you greens don't think about.

Quote:
We need to immidiately cut down on this, and Bush isn't willing to be that supportive of it. In fact, he delayed and propsed INCREASING the methyl bromide production, instead of trying to reduce it.
Bush has increased ozone restrictions and has increased restrictions on arsenic for example. Your statement is a typical myth of the left wing. You got bought into a typical argument that just isn't true at all.

Quote:
His administration rolled back 30 years of progress under the Clean Air and Water Act and allowed polluters to put toxic levels of mercury in our air and water.
No it hasn't.

Quote:
But my whole point of my arguement is that we need to REDUCE car and facotry CO2 production, Stop the cuttdown of rainforests at all times, and rebuild them. The 1 degree increase in temperature may be 'natural', but normally these processes take hundreds of years, not 30.
WE CANNOT REDUCE factory production at all. That's illogical and retarded. I'm sorry. You don't know what you are talking about. Our factories make up such a small amount of global warming it is almost negiglible. We won't stop it by reducing factory production. The only thing we will do is eliminate jobs by following that greenist crap.

Quote:
Oh and about your comment on the arctic refuge, do you realize how BIG that thing is? 5% is a huge area!
It is frozen wasteland. And 95% of it won't be touched. You sir are an idiot. That statement above proves how non-intelligent you really are. You realize what kind of land you are talking about? This land that will be effected doesn't have life, it is in an area of the refuge that doesn't have life.

It is about time you start using common sense.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0