Political Thread

airiox said:
Well personally I think less government is better and a Militaristic is just wrong. No man women or child wants to be told or should be told how to live their lives.
Less Government is called Anarchy - I don't want that and I doubt you do... we need more government - everybody working for the government like a company that would see the country become strong and powerful and prosperous.

Lol Lord K.

I quite like my existance at the moment, any change to government has a large effect on our lives, especially if it's that extreme.

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Did you hear the latest Bush mess-up quote.
Something like.
"Other countries are still making weapons to attempt to harm the United States, and so are we"

Yeah I heard that on the way home last night on the radio. The host was like that cant be true. President Bush just isnt that good with words when camera's are around. But that doesnt me anything. Look at Hitler he certainly could excite crowds with speeches he gave. But he had the wrong ideas in his head.

I heard it was something like "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said.

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

obtained from the Commy News Network CNN

Yeh thats it! Lol. Hitler indeed, could get the crowd on his side, but with the wrong ideas in his head... Similar to Bush except Bush is a crap public speaker lol!

But is not to better out country a good reason to live and work? We'd still be paid, we'd still have human rights, possesions, free speach, a vote. We wouldn't have Taxes, Rent, wouldn't have to pay for Health Cover, Dental Cover, Pensions would be higher because governmental pensions would include company pensions; and so would be far larger.

What is wrong with working for the government to bring the people prosperity and happyness and a greater country? Just because you couldn't start your own business, or pay yourself to the top and use your power to make yourself fat and rich?

Well personally I agree with Pres. Bush on many things. Some things I don't. He is one of the better presidents and the best president of this century. LOL

As for government. Just look at the govenment workers they have drive or will. I've said it once and I will say it again. You choose everything. If you wish to be rich you can be rich. Its all up to you.

Right now in the US, there are rumblings bush is planning on abolshing the Tax system as we know of it today. Instituting some sort of flat tax or Sales Tax. Which would be great considering taxes have gotten out of control, mainly thanks to FDR. That fool.

Lord K,

That system sounds like the world would be made of monopolys either charging equal prices or through-the-roof prices, simply because they could.

Airiox that tax idea does sound good.

airiox said:
Well personally I agree with Pres. Bush on many things. Some things I don't. He is one of the better presidents and the best president of this century. LOL

As for government. Just look at the govenment workers they have drive or will. I've said it once and I will say it again. You choose everything. If you wish to be rich you can be rich. Its all up to you.

Right now in the US, there are rumblings bush is planning on abolshing the Tax system as we know of it today. Instituting some sort of flat tax or Sales Tax. Which would be great considering taxes have gotten out of control, mainly thanks to FDR. That fool.
FDR? Franklin Roosevelt? A Fool!? He led your country through the greatest War the World has seen and you call him a Fool?

In that system if you wish to be rich you can be rich - but you have to work for that richness, advance your productivity and the abilities and your qualification in order to work better and be promoted. Is that not a more fair way of doing it? :D
ComputerFreak said:
Lord K,

That system sounds like the world would be made of monopolys either charging equal prices or through-the-roof prices, simply because they could.

Airiox that tax idea does sound good.
They would charge the cost of making the goods? they would not charge more because where would the money go to? They're not out for Profit - its the government. And any profit they do make would go into wages for the people and into the people through the health care. That percentage would be like VAT and it would be less than VAT in most cases anyway because the companies wouldn't be taking their own margin off. Prices hence would be the price it cost to make plus the VAT for the service/item.

I would never use the word "War" and "Great" in the same sentance unless I was saying

"Damn man that war was a great big pile of dog poop"

I need to leave this thread lol, our ideas are to contrasted.

Great doesn't always mean good. Great means huge, and the War was huge. The First World War is often referred to as The Great War - not because it was good but because it was so big at least to the people at the time.

Back
Top Bottom