Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2010, 02:02 AM   #11
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Default Re: Political Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
^ You think that's what happens to everyone? Don't be naive. You know full well that not everyone gets that treatment.
It does in Canada I have no idea as to why so many people in the US are so scared about public healthcare. There are of course downsides to it but it allows everyone to have equal access to medical care with or without health insurance. My dad doesn't have health insurance for my family and other than antibiotics we've never been charged for anything.
__________________

__________________
My Desktop: Intel Core i7-970@4.5GHz 1.39V Stable--ASUS P6X58D-E--6GB Supertalent Chrome (Elpida Hyper) 1800MHz 6-6-6-24--eVGA GTX 580--Intel 510 120GB--WD 2TB Caviar Black--Silverstone RV03-EK Supreme HF w/ Black Ice GTX 480--Koolance VID-NX580

My Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz--4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM--NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT-320GB hard drive
shozzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:30 AM   #12
BSOD
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 504
Default Re: Political Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
^ You think that's what happens to everyone? Don't be naive. You know full well that not everyone gets that treatment.
Happens in the UK. But I agree with 01001010 when people can't afford to pay for things it's unfair.
__________________

gmcrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
In Runtime
 
Warren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 168
Default Re: Political Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
^ You think that's what happens to everyone? Don't be naive. You know full well that not everyone gets that treatment.
Ok I am not stupid and I understand that not everyone gets that kind of treatment. I am for healthcare reform but not for socialism.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #14
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team
 
iPwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,870
Default Re: Political Philosophy

I'm for socialized medicine...
__________________
Me: You'd think as the dominant species we wouldn't be so effing stupid.
J: We're just intelligent enough to be completely effing stupid.
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #15
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Political Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Ok I am not stupid and I understand that not everyone gets that kind of treatment. I am for healthcare reform but not for socialism.
Explain to me why you don't like socialism.

edit: Explain what aspects of it you don't like.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
Holysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,692
Default Re: Political Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Ok I am not stupid and I understand that not everyone gets that kind of treatment. I am for healthcare reform but not for socialism.
I'm sorry but i don't think that you have contributed to any thread since your stay at CF. All you do is troll about your political thoughts with your naive opinions.
__________________
Let's get this party started, I'm sick of begging you You make me dead inside which I give to you
Let's get this party started, You make me feel inside I want to be the one to make myself sane
Holysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
In Runtime
 
Warren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 168
Default Re: Political Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holysky View Post
I'm sorry but i don't think that you have contributed to any thread since your stay at CF. All you do is troll about your political thoughts with your naive opinions.
And you came to that conclusion how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
How does socialism relate to Marxism and communism?

See, that's the thing I hate about people like you. You come in here with your talking points and automatically assume one thing leads to another. You draw a single ounce of truth and use that to spin whatever message you're trying to send across. Because of that, people can't have a meaningful discussion with you. They just can't, and I won't.

I'll tell you this though. It's easy to talk the talk. It's easy to say outlandish things when you're under a roof living comfortably. It's easy to say people can't land a job because they're too lazy. It's easy to do all of those things.

It's not easy when you actually begin to encounter hardships first hand. It's not easy when your elderly mother or father are sick and you don't have the cash to send them into a hospital. It's not easy when you have to pick between your health and your family. It's not easy at all.

So wipe that smug smile off your face and don't think you're so clever with that little response.
Ok and it's very easy to say those things about poor people. We have so many subsidies and benefits it is unbelievable. Look at communist countries for an example, it's work or die in China and you only get benefits if you have a job. Did you actually see someone going through that or did MSNBC or someone else give you this version. In socialism there are always rich people and always poor people. This is a fact of life so get over it. I'm not saying that we shouldn't help the poor but I disagree with the idea of "spreading the wealth" because it doesn't work. An interesting item to read is the report titled "You Don't Need A Weatherman To Know Which Way The Wind Blows". This report was from the Weather Underground group and is shocking. However, these people and socialists much like them preached "giving back what you took" giving back your job, your money, your stuff to people who were disadvantaged. These people now crowd around President Obama in very high posistions. How come they don't give back their jobs to poor people, give back their stuff, and what they worked for. It proves that there will always be rich people and always be poor people in Socialism, Capitalism, and any form of government or market system available. But in socialism/communism/marxism the rich people are inside the government but still preach socialism while still keeping their lavish life.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:12 AM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,744
Default Re: Political Philosophy

Well, a lot of people think I have some radical views. But being an old believer in Fascism, I've made my switch to a more Anarchist view on the world. This stems from my simple, daily life problems. I don't know if it has anything to do with being a teenager, but I hate people telling me what to do. Teachers and older people who think they are always right, when they sometimes aren't. I've lost all my faith in an authority, the people are better off alone.

I don't think there should be any government (Anarchism).
But I'm very open-minded and will listen to, and respect, the opinions of others.

I want to do Political Philosophy in Uni, regardless if I can get a career with that, just for some personal enlightenment.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #19
Beta Member
 
mattbonner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4
Default Re: Political Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Ok because of the Karl Marx thread I won't fully go crazy about what you just said. But, nothing in life comes for free so how does socialism work?
Socialism != Communism, so Marx shouldn't really brought into that conversation.

I don't want to see socialized programs like police, fire, USPS, and public school deregulated to the point where only those who can afford to pay a la cart for these items will receive any benefits.

That doesn't mean I'm for removing the free market, only that certain aspects of society need to be socialized for the greatest good to reach the greatest number.
mattbonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #20
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: Political Philosophy

Many of my friends are americans

Manager: hasn't lived in the states for 13 yrs last visited 6 yrs ago
Buddy 1: hasn't lived in the states for 15 yrs has never visited the states after he left
Buddy 2: hasn't lived in the states for 3 yrs
Buddy 3: hasn't lived in the states for 19 yrs

Me haven't lived in the states for 5, dec 16 2005 is when I left.

We all have the same views for not going back to the states it basically comes down to the majority of Americans in our opinion as Americans are narrowminded...

Example A;

I just flew form Kosovo to ATL to visit my folks. A lady asked me "where I came from" I responded "kosovo"

Now she didn't know where this was, personally I don't blame her the country is very small and very new. I responded "It's by greece"

Her response "O that's by Hawaii isn't it"

Now I don't know about you, but in my personal opinion everything individual in the modern world should understand that Greece is not right next to Hawaii.

My 2 weeks in the states this time around I saw this quite often.

Or just the statements I went completely off on a family friend of us he went "We should just kill all those fucking muslims, all they are doing is killing us"

I responded "excuse me?" he went "look at Kosovo all those Muslims killing our troops" I went "Actually no one in Kosovo is getting killed in fact Detroit per capita murder rate is 5x higher then Kosovo, secondly we aren't there cause Muslims kill Americans we are there cause Christians AKA serbs started genocide against Muslims, thirdly have you ever even met a Muslim? They aren't any different then you, although a bit smarter maybe even in a war torn country where many professors and teachers were tortured and put to death therefore resulting in a lack of staff to teach new students, did I mention it was Christians that did that? Did I mention that it was only 10 yrs ago?"

In a small downtown bar in Neb I got a lot of people pissed off someone made some aggorant stupid statement went I went (really loud)
"this is a prime example of why the vast majority of the world believes Americans are dumbfucks, and their right too, now you people laughing at his dumbass need to go ahead and shut up cause chances are your just as dumb as him, if not dumber"
Can't remember what he said but it pissed me off.
__________________

__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0