Political Correctness

jay8990 said:
this seems to have turned more into a talk about national priide than political correctness. (I've read the whole thing at once because i've been away a few days)

maybe the english arent so in love with their country but as a a scot i am! i have a 6 foot scottish flag hanging in my window! and the lion rampant flag above my bed. and further to other posts I do know the words to scottish songs/anthems (flower of scotland, auld lang syne, etc..) I wear a kilt to any significant occasion (recently.. new year, my aunties silver wedding anniversary thing...) and i have a heap of scottish music on the computer! nothing sounds better to me than a good bit of bag pipes!! gets your blood pumpin!!! :D

political correctness has gone overboard a bit!!.. if you look at some things in schools then you'll really be laughing! emmm im trying to think of one now! (dont you hate it when that happens!?)

anyway i feel this "multicultural" society has gone overboard as well. my dad works in a prison and some of the things there are outrageous. i mean really if i got locked up in a prison in saudi arabia (thats assuming am not hanged publicly, or have my hand cut off as punishment or anything like that) and then i asked for a copy of the bible and told them to show respect for xmas and easter! what do you think theyd do!?.. give me an xmas tree?? i mean really it annoys me how we accept more and more assylum seekers when they are not doing our country any good.
I worked in the infamous Parkhurst prison, in the 70's, & there was an inmate who was a vegatarian, so at Xmas he was given fried Xmas pudding, instead of turkey, I know this is true, because for a while I worked as a clerk in the prisoner's canteen which in those days was in the actual prison block, the inmate in question helped with the book keeping, & he shoved it under my nose saying "look what the b****rs gave me instead of meat"

You can see how things have changed.

The Agatha Christie novel "And then there were none" was originally called "Ten Little N*****s". And chances are you wouldn't get away with remaking Blazing Saddles or other Mel Brooks films with the same degree of racism and anti-Semitism, regardless of how funny those films were when originally released.

The Power said:
Elton John is gay??
You ARE kidding??, where have you been for the last twenty years?, he lives near Windsor, in a small mansion, [I think he's worth around £30 million] he had a huge party recently, & ran out of pasta, so he sent out to the local corner shop, & bought their entire stock of around 20 cases, not boxes off the shelf, the locals were annoyed because it was over a week before they could get any, 'spect you know, he frequently tells reporters/cameramen to f*** off on camera, it showed this after the watershed on TV, not bleeped out.

jay8990 said:
this seems to have turned more into a talk about national priide than political correctness. (I've read the whole thing at once because i've been away a few days)

maybe the english arent so in love with their country but as a a scot i am! i have a 6 foot scottish flag hanging in my window! and the lion rampant flag above my bed. and further to other posts I do know the words to scottish songs/anthems (flower of scotland, auld lang syne, etc..) I wear a kilt to any significant occasion (recently.. new year, my aunties silver wedding anniversary thing...) and i have a heap of scottish music on the computer! nothing sounds better to me than a good bit of bag pipes!! gets your blood pumpin!!! :D

political correctness has gone overboard a bit!!.. if you look at some things in schools then you'll really be laughing! emmm im trying to think of one now! (dont you hate it when that happens!?)

anyway i feel this "multicultural" society has gone overboard as well. my dad works in a prison and some of the things there are outrageous. i mean really if i got locked up in a prison in saudi arabia (thats assuming am not hanged publicly, or have my hand cut off as punishment or anything like that) and then i asked for a copy of the bible and told them to show respect for xmas and easter! what do you think theyd do!?.. give me an xmas tree?? i mean really it annoys me how we accept more and more assylum seekers when they are not doing our country any good.
I started this thread, & there's no maybe, as you said, I am fiercely proud of my homeland, ENGLAND

Well, I don't think that normal average people should be withheld from allowing to talk about things, such as Christians taking offense to evolution, or the righting of books, or the televisation of shows that deal with issues offensive to some, I don't think that Companies (Media conglomerates) that have a large influence over the public it be openly racist/sexist/homophobic. However, these New stations cant no be subject to outrageous censorship like not showing poor/dieing ppl in Africa, or the trust about government wrong doings/illegal actions of companies. Basically you should be allowed to say whatever you want but newspapers/news satiation's should continue to follow the various non-biased censorship laws, without having to tiptoe so much as to deny Americans or anyone for that matter useful and important information.

In a thread about political correctness you supress my views by deleting my post

I only used one actual curse word. The others were terms in reference to those people that I do not feel I should have to be politically correct when refering to.

Paradox said:
In a thread about political correctness you supress my views by deleting my post

I only used one actual curse word. The others were terms in reference to those people that I do not feel I should have to be politically correct when refering to.
The one cuss word wouldn't have mattered much, it was all the others, whether they were quotes or not, they weren't quotes from members posts, were they?, I printed off your post.

You've got to be kidding me, I just said they weren't cuss words.

The only curse word I used was bullshit, That is it, And that is exactly what this conversation is.

malbuc87uk said:
You can see how things have changed.

The Agatha Christie novel "And then there were none" was originally called "Ten Little N*****s". And chances are you wouldn't get away with remaking Blazing Saddles or other Mel Brooks films with the same degree of racism and anti-Semitism, regardless of how funny those films were when originally released.

wasnt it originally called ten little indians?? im pretty sure it was. I <33 that book though. read it in 5 days :cool:

Back
Top Bottom