Political Correctness

Brookfield

Golden Master
Political Correctness or "PC"
I wondered what PC is like outside the British Isles, where it has gone mad, your comments please.

Here some really weird things have been put in place, or strongly being advised for instance;

No crosses in christian churches, also no fonts in churches where Moslems visit.

In Register offices the word "marriage" to be left out, "ceremonies on it's own, displayed, so as not to offend homosexuals who recently have been given the opportunity to marry each other [Elton John married his long term male friend very recently]

And last, but not least, business premises have to get permission now, before they can fly the Union Jack!, Imagine if they tried that with the stars & stripes, or the flag of any nation!!

I'd appeciate your comments, the more, the merrier!

Now I know that differences of opinion will be made known, lets not carried away though, no abuse, which will escalate to slanging matches or worse, including bad language please, or what promises to be an interesting thread could die an early death, as I would consider closing it, I know you will understand, thank you.

Blonde said:
Okay...you lost me...:confused:
Can I ask, how is it confusing? :confused: , I've set up similar threads before & they went very well, is it the conditions I set towards the end?, I find them necessary as the last one ended in a virtual brawl, I had to warn members about foul language & worse, racial remarks, one thing let to another, even David stepped in to calm things down, saying that it is a good forum subject, don't spoil it, but that made no difference, so, reluctantly I had to close it.

The funniest political correctness thing ive heard is the refences to black and white people... apparently blacks should only be referred to as 'light absorbant' and whites as 'light reflective'. i was lmfao when i first heard that...

political correctness is a total load of rubbish IMO. it was a good idea, but has gone stupid.

Public buildings - police stations, librarys etc are not allowed to fly english or british flags because they could be offensive to people who aren't british. They are however allowed to fly the EU flag :\

Lil_Tammy said:
Public buildings - police stations, librarys etc are not allowed to fly english or british flags because they could be offensive to people who aren't british. They are however allowed to fly the EU flag :\
I know, I believe it also applies to retail premises, it is fairly expensive to get a yearly licence, so most small to medium shops/store don't bother, of course larger long-established emporiums in, say, London often do so, I presume you live in Scotland, or elsewhere with a name like that. :)

Maurice

Oxfordshire actually and contrary to popular belief (Setishock :p) lil tammy is just a nik name and I'm actually male :p

I think people go overboard with being pc. They usually try to hard to be pc then end up offending sombody because of it.

Back
Top Bottom