Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-17-2007, 05:26 PM   #21
Wizard of Wires

Default Re: PM mailbox limit

We have ours set to a small number for the members and a lot for the mods and admins. The more you have the more server space you burn up.
But to the time limit. I side with David on this. The bots can be a real pain sometimes and you have to trade off bells and whistles to keep them out or under control. If you guys need to have a real time chat with some one get them on msn or yahoo. Heck even gmail has gchat.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #22
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

its just a pian when i was pm'ing ace yesterday as he only has yahoo and i only have msn and i couldnt be arsed with emails. i see the point about the bot though. it would be cool to have a shorter limit but i dont see it as a big problem

Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #23
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

Quote:
its just a pian when i was pm'ing ace yesterday as he only has yahoo and i only have msn and i couldnt be arsed with emails. i see the point about the bot though. it would be cool to have a shorter limit but i dont see it as a big problem
Yahoo and MSN are cross compatible these days......

**And on a side note, why when I tried to quote the message did it keep coming up the message is too short, please use more then 1 character??

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:14 AM   #24
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasseyeUK View Post
Why when I tried to quote the message did it keep coming up the message is too short, please use more then 1 character??
I get that sometimes, it's puzzling, oh, by the way, I got a white screen yet again, when tried to reply to this post [David please note!]
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:21 AM   #25
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasseyeUK View Post
Yahoo and MSN are cross compatible these days......

**And on a side note, why when I tried to quote the message did it keep coming up the message is too short, please use more then 1 character??
true, but i tried that once and it just didnt work. its just nice to talk through pm. oh a side note, the forums are loading up damn slow today
Old 04-23-2007, 03:15 PM   #26
BSOD

I've not had any problems.
Furby123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #27
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
true, but i tried that once and it just didnt work. its just nice to talk through pm. oh a side note, the forums are loading up damn slow today
Yeah it can be a bit tempermental, you have to make sure that both people have the most up to date versions of each messenger, but I know that some of the people that I talk to have also not got my messages.....

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #28
Golden Master

Well, if the user could have a report button, tracking those bots would be easier. At least 2 mins could be great. Also, if you want bots out of the forum, then I'd consider registration that requires a randomly generated code to be placed in. Especially for RGF and ServerTalk.

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote