Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #11
Daemon Poster
 
cileskot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,352
Send a message via AIM to cileskot
Default Re: plot summary

you know what i hate? i hate how people say "oo tv is just a bunch of pointless junk if its not educational," but then those same people want you to read books no matter if its educational or not! i mean if they dont want you to watch pointless tv shows, then why do they want you to read pointless books? their response is, "it will give you better comprehension." well wouldnt watching tv give you better comprehension for things that go on in real life, which would actually be more useful more often than comprehending words?
__________________

__________________
Compaq Presario SR1750NX
AMD Athlon 64 3500 2.3Ghz
ATI Radeon 256mb
1.5gb Ram
19" Samsung LCD
cileskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: plot summary

In England you'd be expected to read Emily Bronte's books, "Jane Eyre" etc, plus Shakespeare, now they're dull "dumb" books, at least I think so.
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: plot summary

Can't you read reviews on amazon or anything like that?
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:13 PM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 1
Posts: 2,525
Default Re: plot summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cileskot
you know what i hate? i hate how people say "oo tv is just a bunch of pointless junk if its not educational," but then those same people want you to read books no matter if its educational or not! i mean if they dont want you to watch pointless tv shows, then why do they want you to read pointless books? their response is, "it will give you better comprehension." well wouldnt watching tv give you better comprehension for things that go on in real life, which would actually be more useful more often than comprehending words?

you are so right man. i mainly watch the science/history channel on tv and i must of learned more about how anything was created from tv then from some of my dumbass teachers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon
Can't you read reviews on amazon or anything like
that?
i don't think they are book summaries, they are more about how the reader liked the book.
Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
D-Lew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,793
Send a message via AIM to D-Lew
Default Re: plot summary

I have read Bronte and Shakespeare, I did not like Jane Eyre that much at all, but I thought some of Shakespeare's stuff was good. Once you get past the archaic language there's enough wit in there to keep it interesting.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:31 PM   #16
In Runtime
 
Renegadeandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 291
Send a message via MSN to Renegadeandy
Default Re: plot summary

you are a bloody tit.

to be perfectly frank with you - what is the world coming to , when you decide to come onto a forum, in tears asking for a book review............. ever heard of the blurb?? and no , not the blurb.com - the back of the book ya wagon.

arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh

goddam, the frustration, READ THE BOOK!
__________________
Referred to by : UK31337

Visit http://www.pens2paper.com - For Your Stationery Needs!
Renegadeandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #17
Fully Optimized
 
hascet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,218
Default Re: plot summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
In England you'd be expected to read Emily Bronte's books, "Jane Eyre" etc, plus Shakespeare, now they're dull "dumb" books, at least I think so.
ya those are requirements for high school here too, except they took jane eyre(sp?) off the list this year i had to read boys life an fahrenheit 451 instead, they weren't terrible though
__________________
www.crazycomputers.org
hascet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
D-Lew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,793
Send a message via AIM to D-Lew
Default Re: plot summary

Never read boys life, but I did read Farenheit and that was one of the very few fictional books I actually enjoyed. And not relatively enjoy, but absolutely. I actually liked reading it and I thought it was good.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 1
Posts: 2,525
Default Re: plot summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadeandy
you are a bloody tit.

to be perfectly frank with you - what is the world coming to , when you decide to come onto a forum, in tears asking for a book review............. ever heard of the blurb?? and no , not the blurb.com - the back of the book ya wagon.

arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh

goddam, the frustration, READ THE BOOK!
lmao, i am in tears. i am pooring my guts out to you guys, i am cutting myself because i cannot get this book.

btw, did you just call me a tit? cool?
Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #20
Daemon Poster
 
cileskot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,352
Send a message via AIM to cileskot
Default Re: plot summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronco Rox
you are so right man. i mainly watch the science/history channel on tv and i must of learned more about how anything was created from tv then from some of my dumbass teachers.

ya, dude, i love a lot of educational channels. i really like discovery channel, you learn so mucha nd its really entertaining too
__________________

__________________
Compaq Presario SR1750NX
AMD Athlon 64 3500 2.3Ghz
ATI Radeon 256mb
1.5gb Ram
19" Samsung LCD
cileskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0