plez help, cook up a easy sized template

ergh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

see this is like what i want...i am making a scope, for a star wars blaster, not real of course...and here is the template, i want to print out ur's and then put it on sheet metal and mold it or w/e

Just play around with paper until you get something you like... It looks like it would be kinda difficult to make a 3d version of that using only a paper that you fold(roll?) up because of those other curves..
Maybe get some styrafome and carve that into the shape you want and go all out using clay and making a plastic mold ect.
Or just fold paper around styrafome to make sheet metal template
And I was jsut about to ask if it had to do with that star wars blaster thing...

no, i want someone to computer generate it...it should be so easy, it is just making a piece of paper that will fit a tube/pipe that has a small end at one end...

ya, but then you will have to put it together in like 200 peices... With the styrofoam, you can get the shape you want first, making sure you like it.
Then you mold the paper around each individual shape cutting where needed and making it so its cleanly on. Mark deep creases with sharpie, and there you have template for sheet metal. Double check everything first before you cut metal though...

I would recomend styrafoam model idea: you get to see (nearly) final results before you go to cutting.
But whatever floats your boat...
Let me go and see other techniques other people have used in projects like this.

Back
Top Bottom