**Please Help** Need advice for Laptop for Video Editing/College

Tbutlerdrums

Beta member
Hello!
I've have been doing my fair share of research but their are so many laptops out there i though it would be better to ask some experts!
I'm going into College soon and i need a laptop that will cope with everything i need. I'm a percussionist and i want to shoot videos in my studio and mix in my recordings and make videos to post on internet etc but also i will be taking music technology at college so i need to be able to have all of my music writing/editing software aswell, plus, all of the normall features that i will need for college, fast web browsing etc, all the standard things. I have a price range of anything up to £700 maybe £750 (GBP). So i'll apreicate if you guys could recomend some laptops for me!

If you need anymore info please ask !

Thanks!

As Darkseeker said; Mac.
Macs are very stable and are a good choice for things like video editing and image editing.
Or a Windows laptop with a good quad core processor.

I've used a Mac Pro at my high school for a year of video editing. And I hate Imovie now.

This might help you as well:

500x_squaretrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf__page_6_of_8_.jpg

1 in 3 Laptops fail over 3 years:
Netbooks fail 20% more than laptops; ASUS & Toshiba the most reliable

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/lap...liability-1109

I say go a MacBook Pro,

They really are the industry standard for video / music editing. As as for the laptops failing within three years that's any price of technology and even if it didn't break it would be way outdated anyway

I say go a MacBook Pro,

They really are the industry standard for video / music editing. As as for the laptops failing within three years that's any price of technology and even if it didn't break it would be way outdated anyway
Not really. Most people don't buy new computers every 3 years. Especially a college student. A student expects their computer to last through school. More like every 5-6 years I think. And you get what you pay for. If you buy a budget laptop, you will get a budget life. Sure there are some people that will have theirs last forever. But that's just like the people who get thrown out of a car during an accident and survive and then claim that seatbelts aren't necessary.

I'd recommend going with a MacBook Pro if you're looking to do video editing. I'm not sure I'd read to much into that Square Trade chart Superman posted because it's from a warranty company. I see no record of the ratio on the 30,000 PC's that was sampled from. Their sample size probably was much larger with those computers than with Mac systems because they're cheaper - not to mention they probably don't stand to gain as much from a Mac warranty because parts are much higher than a Toshiba.

I agree with Macs. I've been doing quite a bit of Recording (pro tools) and some video editing on my Macbook (2.4GHz, 4GB) excellent results! Been working on making a DVD for a group, been editing for days and have never had to reboot, no problemo!

Back
Top Bottom