Please help...

thebigty

Beta member
hi i am trying to find out what type of "gear" i need to creat a hotspot, for my neighborhood, to recieve wireless internet--

my isp already approves of it... but my neighborhood is about 700ftx1200ft so please tell me what type of wireless tools i need

thanks so much

no they approve it, maybe i should just say, HOW or what do i need to create a LONG DISTANCE NETWORK!!!

Ok, basicaly you would need some wireless network cards and some wireless 'access points' to group it all together and a central server to share the interenet. That should set you up.

Haha; a reasonable Hub; and a few dozen TV Size High Power Antennia strategically placed with a good deal of lead to connect them. Either that or one dreadfully huge one.

You should ask at your local hardware store for their biggest Wireless Network Antennia; then ask for the range, and buy as many as would be required to fit into your system. From there; you'll need one PC controlling it with the Internet Connection; and a good piece of planning as to user accounts and such like.

Back
Top Bottom