please, explain to me

Ok... Not going to say anything.

ok and the point of that being? Once again please bring something constructive to the thread and don't use the forum like it's MSN messenger. cavemangrinder has a good point, I like the thread too.

I think this thread is interesting. There are good points brought from both sides, however I choose to be against gangster rap music. I have no problem with rap music that doesn't degrade women and doesn't talk about violence and "gangsta" stuff. Old school rap is good I think, and so is clean rap music and hip hop but I just can't stand music of any type especially rap that has curse words every sentence but I guess I'm just a bit old school in some of my beliefs.

ok and the point of that being? Once again please bring something constructive to the thread and don't use the forum like it's MSN messenger. cavemangrinder has a good point, I like the thread too.

I think this thread is interesting. There are good points brought from both sides, however I choose to be against gangster rap music. I have no problem with rap music that doesn't degrade women and doesn't talk about violence and "gangsta" stuff. Old school rap is good I think, and so is clean rap music and hip hop but I just can't stand music of any type especially rap that has curse words every sentence but I guess I'm just a bit old school in some of my beliefs.

I agree. Rap music is not what is was back then. Nowadays its all about rubbing womens asses with $20 dollar bills. Nothing musical or respectable about it.

I personally dont listen to or support most current rap music which is to do with drugs sex or violence/gangs however i do not like to judge or say i am any better then anybody who does listen to that kind of music as that is their personal choice to listen to it ,
My whole stance on this is if you dont like it dont listen to it simple as that way we have no problems cos the people who do like it can listen and those that dont like it dont listen simple as that
I know some people who dont like the kind of music i like however they just dont listen to it they dont go on to me about how they dont like the ideas the music promotes or they dont like the music they just dont listen to it that way we both get along quite happily
I do like some of the older rap music that wasnt as much about drugs and sex and gangs etc however now i agree it is all about them subjects so i decide not to listen to it

The real rap music, in its finest form, was back during the 1970s and 1980s with the likes of Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, the Sugarhill Gang, etc. That was real, pure rap music; it was just music and was not at all intended to incite violence or hatred. I must say it was never intended to and it never ever did, people just listened to it and enjoyed it.

Nowadays it is just some stupid fool like 50 Cent with gold chains making stupid hand signals and talking total crap about how great prostitution, drugs and guns are. Kids are picking up on it and turning feral because of it. The record companies should be ashamed of themselves; the "music" is absolutely terrible anyway, plus it incites violence and antisocial behaviour in young, impressionable people.

You have quite clearly not lived in London. Some of the estates here are full exclusively of drug dealers, pimps, and children who think they are in Harlem as opposed to Hounslow. Idiots, they can ruin their own lives if they want to but I hope my younger relatives stick to their education and schooling.

It is all so fake. If you put these "hardcore" kids into a real LA gang situation they would last something in the region of ten seconds. They are just sad wannabes.

Being a musician and listening to music that is intelligently written like technical deathmetal or some classical composers, I have always hated Rap and the other similar genres of its kind because it is so simple. Seriously, do they use the same drum beat for every single song? it's absolutely horrible not to mention the damn vocals, atleast use some kind of pitch instead of reading out your problems on a piece of paper as fast as possible and making it rhyme. Wasn't the entire idea of wearing baggy clothes from not being able to afford new clothes so you'd get hand downs from your older brother or something?

I do know a few black people personally, it's mainly their genre of music that drives me insane but also the fact that their gangsta's lifestyle in the US is now in Australia, we do not have 'hoods' made up of gang territory, we live in a democracy with friendly neighborhoods. Yet you always see people walkin down the street wearing nothing but Wu-Tang and one of those black stocking things for a hat, what the hell? I think that kind of music is just written by simple people and designed for simple people.

Being a musician and listening to music that is intelligently written like technical deathmetal or some classical composers, I have always hated Rap and the other similar genres of its kind because it is so simple. Seriously, do they use the same drum beat for every single song? it's absolutely horrible not to mention the damn vocals, atleast use some kind of pitch instead of reading out your problems on a piece of paper as fast as possible and making it rhyme. Wasn't the entire idea of wearing baggy clothes from not being able to afford new clothes so you'd get hand downs from your older brother or something?

I do know a few black people personally, it's mainly their genre of music that drives me insane but also the fact that their gangsta's lifestyle in the US is now in Australia, we do not have 'hoods' made up of gang territory, we live in a democracy with friendly neighborhoods. Yet you always see people walkin down the street wearing nothing but Wu-Tang and one of those black stocking things for a hat, what the hell? I think that kind of music is just written by simple people and designed for simple people.
omg THANK YOU :)

Look, I wish most people could just really be themselves, I'll start with me.

My black jeans are kinda tight but there's no statement in it, I don't wanna wear loose jeans and I like black much more than blue. I only wear band shirts or black T shirts with some cool design but I am NOT freakin emo! I have long hair but it's not dyed obvious black, dark brown is just my natural colour usually in a pony tail. Sometimes if I'm walking down the side of a road with my friends some idiots drive past shouting 'Simple Plan sucks!' assuming we even listen to that trash.

I'm a Metal-fanatic but I don't care what I look like and although I am reasonably smart, it doesn't affect how I speak. I am sick of conformists like all these guys with knotted blonde hair and surf brand clothes when they can't even surf, why do they do it? cause everybody else does and girls seem to like it.

I got nothing against African people in Australia and even though 1 side of my heritage is Greek, I probably hate Greek gangstas the most. They must spend 20mins in the morning playing with their hair, they wear the most stereotypical wardrobe but it's mainly the fact that at the age of 12 I'm guessing, they change the way they speak. It's obviously influenced by their friends or older siblings usually when they speak with a different accent, I think it's to imitate the Greeks that learned English as a second language. Of course they're all talk which makes it even more frustrating but a few of em are pretty violent but what for? because you insulted their lifestyle.

Now to Emos, ugh... I can't stand em. They're just confused, young people that feel helpless but feel the need to express their 'pain' as if everybody else doesn't have problems of their own. You instantly notice one by their fringe that hangs 10 inches on 1 side of their face. I once heard that Emo music was supposed to be good until it became mainstream or something but I do doubt that. Not all of them cut their arms but they over-react to just about everything and set themselves up as targets for all the 'normal' people and then complain about it.

I guess that's enough of my ranting haha but I wish people could just make their own choices by how it suits them instead of following the herd without even knowing about it. Posers getting the chicks pisses me off LOL

There is nothing good with rap now. there was a bit when it was introduced, but now its all about rubbing women's asses with $20 bills as cavemangrider said

And I've got no clue why they think they are cool becuase of the look. Here are some things I've heard...

(from my friend, who is half black, but says black people are good for nothing people who commit crimes)
"Dis is america' we don't gotta us none of dat grammar if wes don't wants to"
translates into 'this is America, we have to use grammar'
and what was meant was 'This is America, and Use of grammar is voluntary'

'u nasty'
what is meant 'you are nasty' (referencing me talking to my female friends.....)

'u dirty'
which is meant 'you are dirty' (again referencing talking to my female friends...)

(and on the news, said by the people that said it (not restated by a reporter)
'He never didn't do nothing.'
translates into 'He always does something' or 'He did something' (the later one my mom figured out, and I forget how it works, but its there, and it makes sense)
what was mean 'He never did anything'

'If it was up to me, he wouldn't have no criminal record'
which means 'I would have him prosecuted for all of his crimes'
what they meant was 'If I had my way, he would get away with whatever he wanted'

in response to a black person being shot 'he can have a gun and do what he want with it. it don't matter'
which means 'He can have a gun and wave it at the police, and cannot be shot for that'
what they meant was 'he is allowed to have a gun, and display, and the police cannot take preventive measure against that'

and my all time favorite (and the reason behind this post...)
'damn those are some big ass sandwiches in that nigga's bag (my backpack, and I"m bleach white in color and in how I talk) (the kid goes to grab the bag and I twist his wrist and take my bag) nigga, you betta watch your back now. yous beings a bitch alls i was doins was lookin' at dem sandwiches and yous as going and ass-salt-tin mes. I should have dem cops on you (then he tells the teacher, and she does nothing)'
basically, he felt he had the right to go into m personal property, and when I deafened my property he claimed that assault, and wanted me arrested.... NO WONDER THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH EVERYONE THINKING THAT BLACK PEOPLE ARE SHOT BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK...

*rant on, sorry about the language*
I'M SICK OF THE F****** BLACK PEOPLE AND THOSE F****** ARABS THINKING THAT THEY OWN THE GOD DAMN LAND AND THEY CAN DO WHAT EVER THE FUCK THEY GOD DAMN PLEASE. THEY FEEL AS THOUGH THE RULES DON'T APPLY TO THEM, AND THEN BITCH ABOUT THE LAWS THAT THEY USE AGAINST US BEING USED PROPERLY AGAINST THEM. I'VE SEEN TOO MANY OF THEM ACTING LIKE DUMB SHIT ASSHOLES AND RUNNING RED LIGHTS, FLICK OFF PEOPLE, AND OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES (MUCH WORSE ONES, I MIGHT ADD) AND THEN SENDING A GANG ON YOU IF YOU DO THE SAME. ITS TIME FORE PEOPLE TO WAKE UP AND TAKE A STAND AGAINST THIS TO SAVE AMERICA. I'LL TREAT YOU WITH EQUALITY IF YOU FIRST SHOW ME THAT YOU CAN ACT EDUCATED, WEAR A BELT, LEARN TO BUY THE RIGHT SIZE CLOTHES, AND STOP BEING IGNORANT TO OTHERS. THEN YOU WILL GET THE RESPECT. UNTIL THAT TIME, EXPECT YOUR GUN WAVING PEOPLE TO BE SHOT, THE PEOPLE WHO ROB HOUSE AND HIDE UNDER BEDS TO BE ATTACKED BY DOGS, ITS KINDA WHAT YOU DESERVE FOR BEING SO SELFISH.

*Rant off*

2 more things: ALS- thanks for the statement about LA gangs, it is very true. Every trained police have a hard time with them.

and I want to get a really powerful FM transmitter than can be portable enough to fit in a back pack, so I can walk by the line of cars in front of my school blasting rap, and play a trach that is a recording, through a voice scrambler, of 'I listen to this music so I can look cool, and feel as though I'm in charge. I actually have no values, and will not ear a job, but rather make convenience stores my main source of income. I wish to feel as though I'm above all others, and I have every right, while you have none. I also talk like I have no education becuase I skip class to do drugs, and I feel as though that good communication isn't needed.' I think that would get the message through, although I'd have to translate it into ghetto talk.... (I'd make the voice really bass heavy so everyone within 5 miles could hear it. or maybe so that with a 19,000 Hz tone....

Back
Top Bottom