Playstation3 to be delayed?

True, but Nintendo have stated again and again that this time they are not in competition with Sony and Microsoft.

Sony and Microsoft are once again fighting over a tiny market, the hardcore gamers. Nintendo is trying to attract the non-gamers, with an affordable console and an easy to use controller.

Believe me, if Nintendo wanted to build a powerhouse of a console, they would have (they have $8000000000 in the bank), but it didn't work with the n64 or the gamecube.

Yeha I agree to tell the truth. Looking at specs of what it could have. It could very well still compete rather well anyway.

This is where Sony needs to play their moves carefully. Because if they wait until November, the Xbox 360 (now being in mass production after a mishap with the manufacturing of it's GDDR3 chips) could gain more sales. Also, if they don't price it right, Microsoft can still give them a run for their money buy lowering the Xbox 360's price. And considering both consoles are very much alike and similar in almost every aspect, the Xbox 360's price would look very appealing.

Yeah I agree, but I do believe that the XBOX 360 and PS3 are closely matched, with hardly any differences going to be noticable once games come out on both.

And since most games are going to be cross platform, the cheaper console could have the advantage.

Though I have to admit, the PS3 seems to have better specs, but in reality it won't.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360...-vs-sonys-playstation-3-20050520041725628.jpg
http://backoffice.ajb.com.au/images/features/xbox-ps3_GPU_shader.gif

both are great consoles but I think the games win it. Both have strong points. But it seems as though every game I want for the 360 is available on the PC and I am still deciding to either play it on pc or 360.

go to gamespot.com and go to system wars forum, there is non stop fighting between all the members to see which console is the best.

But I like how Microsoft saw this more than a gaming console. And Sony claims that they will murder live!!! :p yeah right!

I think the 360 combines all elements of a new console into it evenly, the ps3 combines all of the elements all wierd and unbalanced.

IMO, the 360 delivers
-innovation
-games
-great services (live)
-price
-consumer brands
all greatly and evenly.

The PS3 does not.

It is, but thats all your going to get from PS3 and XBOX 360. If you want innotive, wait for the Revoloution. Thats bound to be cheaper.

I am looking forward to owning a 360 and PS3, but I'm looking forward to the Revolution just so much more.

It seems that the games coming out for the 360 and PS3 are just prettier versions of what we got last generation, and that's fine for a lot of people, but not me.

I want something fresh and new, and the Rev. is going to give me that.

Lac3y said:
How is the 360 innovative? It's just an improved xbox.

Xbox Live Achivements and Arcade games. They may seem stupid, but they're addicting like Tetris. Trust me. ;)

The PS3 is just another highly improved PS2 also...just as overhyped by Sony.

Yup.

Also, the media center extender is innovative.

Live is innovative. The community and social environment on xbox is so much more real then the playstation online.

I don't think it is worth getting blu-ray until it becomes standard so I really don't see spending soo much money on a console that is marginally more powerful than the 360. Both are better in some ways and are weaker in some ways.

I think nintendo is the most innovative out of all. They took a chance with the controller and have great backword compatiblilty. They have a different approach than microsoft and sony. But it's just that they aren't original anymore. I mean, after ocarina of time, zelda started dying. Mario has no great games anymore really. So, there is not much I can expect from it. But it will be cheap which is a stong point for some.

Back
Top Bottom