Playstation3 to be delayed?

For $900 I could get my X1900 XT, my LCD monitor and RAM. Yeah, the Cell and the PS3 sound nice and all, but Sony is just too hyped. That's all they do. Remember the PS2? They hyped that the "Emotion Engine" was supposed to be several times more powerful than the Pentium 4 processor or whatnot...hah :rolleyes: What about Sony Online? They hyped it like crazy too...then Xbox Live just murdered it and ground up it's dead body. Sometimes I just don't know if Sony is even that trust worthy anymore...sometimes I just get this feeling that the PlayStation is going to be another hype that fails to deliver.

900 dollars is a lot for a console... I still think that Sony's release price is going to be 400 at the most. A computer may not have as good of graphics AT first, but within a year, the technology catches up. Have any of you checked out any PS2 games recently (excluding RE4). I'd rather spend a little more and get a computer, since uhhhh, Playstation AND Xbox can connect to the internet, yet cant browse the fucking thing (?)

It's all about the Revolution man. Fuck technology, thats what a computer is for.

Well the whole point of a console is for games. You use the internet to game online. If you want to browse the internet, use your PC.

HAHAHA. By Sony's delay, it will leave all of the japanse gamers in the dust for a while. Well, actually they may buy the revoloution, but the xbox 360 will have Final Fantasy coming to it which will interest the Japanse market. No one will wait for a console coming out in another year that isn't entirely better than it's competitor and that is said to be 500 dollars more.

I am still deciding on getting a 360 or pc upgrades. Because a lot of games on the 360 that I want are on the PC. But I have experience with disconnecting from servers on games so that turns me away from the upgrades. Plus, I dont have a gaming monitor.

Alvino, how the hell can you get an X1900, RAM, and an LCD monitor for 900 bucks?? Isnt the X1900 700 dollars alone.

OOPs, looks like somebody at Sony cocked up.

£900 is the MANUFACTURING COST, not the RETAIL COST.

So it looks like it will stay around $400-$500 at retail. Still a hefty chunk of change, mind.

The Power said:
Alvino, how the hell can you get an X1900, RAM, and an LCD monitor for 900 bucks?? Isnt the X1900 700 dollars alone.

Nope. The X1900 XT is $549-ish, the RAM is about $199...wait....oops. Yeah, I can't. Haha...the monitor is about $380. :p So I guess I could get the X1900 XT and the LCD monitor. :D Either way, it beats buying the PlayStation 3. :)

As if I'm going to pay around $1k for this when I can buy a 20" plasam TV for $500...pfft

Why are you comparing a gaming system to a tv??

Thats like comparing apples to grapes. You should compare it to a computer or the 360, something similar to it. Not a tv.

TRDCorolla said:
$900 is outrageous. Sony better have tons of features on it. It probably does much more than just playing games. You can go online, it's got a hard drive, you can watch movies on there and MP3's, etc. It's like buying a $900 PC. I hear it's also got some USB ports too.

Lol..
1. Can go online...can on ps2
2. Got a HDD - can get one for PS2
3. You watch movies - can on ps2
4. Can play mp3's on it - you can on ps2 with that linux pack
5. has usb ports...ps2 has lmao!!

Back
Top Bottom