playstation portable

Hmm that is slightly weird.

Some Creative Players do this though, for example the Creative ZEN Micro. All music is loaded into one folder, even albums labelled as track 1, etc, yet the database is kept working by the ID tags of the MP3's go it knows what album, artist, and track name they are to make a library.
Is this how the PSP works in that case?

I understand how it is annoying though. I don't really like that method, and prefer a standard folder structure.

yep, very similar. The issue that I had was that it was just extemely difficult to add any more to an existing folder as the thing kept wanting to just erase all that was in the the folder regardless of how many songs you had stored just to add one or two more songs. What i ended up doing is was setting up a working storage folder in the computer and named it psp transfer. In that folder I created the psp folder and the music folder. I started with just 1 album and inserted it into the music folder and copied it and renamed it to the album name +1 number ID to represent the first music folder(trying to keep track) and then inserted that into the psp folder and transfered to the player. I thin tried to open the player and insert other folders but wasn't allowed to. was forced to "send" all the time from the other psp transfer folder and that is why it kept wanting to overwrite the other files. It just wouldn't allow access to drag and drop one would expect.
after about four formats it finally started allowing the multiple music folders to be placed without trying to wipe out the existing one so that you can choose which album you want to listen too. I was not alone in this problem either. Others where having the same issues. We were just not being allowed to access the psp as the removable drive it was shown to be. Everything had at first to be sent to the psp and that was the issue. once it finally allowed access to the drive then there was no problems and good old drag and drop was performed.
The ID tags are still used to seperate the albums once they are installed as Track 1.
all in all the sound was weak without the headphones but was in good quality with them. The tiny speaker could have been better.

alvino said:
Root, please try to do some research before you start talking about the PSP. You got some things wrong (like the part about the movies haveing to be on memory sticks...).

I was counting the UMDs as a specially designed Sopny Media...

and what a surprise, Sony did include support for their own patented duo memory sticks...

I envy you I really do, I mean watching star wars on a tiny tiny screen!!! wow...

The funniest bit about that is you must have had to be next to a power point so why didn't you just watch at home?! -on a TV!!

IMHO the PSP DOES look like crap...

also I find duel screens are no trouble, (and very usefull in some mutiplayers because you get your oponents view as well). but then I've been using duel monitors for years...

seems Nintendo couldn't wait for you to evolve enough to be able to concerntrait on more than one thing at a time?

I've dropped the DS plenty of times, (actually it does come with a little wrist strap to help you not to drop it) anyway, it still works just fine...

I'll take DB's word that he's managed to go through two already... that doesn't exactly speak volumes for the construction now does it?

aside from that...

why don't you check your facts out? It's already been discussed that the PSP isn't a PS2 at all, it's not even close to being technically as good...

The PSP is more like an improved PS1 that fits in your pocket.

Root, I don't think its right, that you can say this, and i'm sure its about my comment:

"seems Nintendo couldn't wait for you to evolve enough to be able to concerntrait on more than one thing at a time?"

Well, I can't multitask no, but the two screens dont put me off,they are just useless sometimes for "some" games, I said, not all like multiplayers... I meant ones that use it uselessly for stuff like maps and only maps...
Like I said, some games can take alot of use from it, but I think if that screen was fold away and mirrored the other way, it would have looked better as well as performed better.

Plus, its your opinion which looks better of course, but I happen to like the PSP design very much, and looks alot better than the plasticy look of the the DS because of the two screens and quite large case of the unit...

Plus, the PSP is more technology advanced than the DS in graphics and sound:

"why don't you check your facts out? It's already been discussed that the PSP isn't a PS2 at all, it's not even close to being technically as good...

The PSP is more like an improved PS1 that fits in your pocket."

So, that'd be saying a bad thing about the DS... I never liked the Nintendo 64 graphics, which is what it is... and thats 64bit... the PS1 in my opinion then if the PSP can only handle that graphics is alot better.

Though because its on a small screen, it looks better yes, and it can also handle alot more effects and sizes of textures than than the PS1 could for games, and so they look more detailed. Games can also use a much higher polygon count.... hence, much better...

k?

Thats the point I'm making here though...if you are using the backwards compatibility to play GBA games you only use the top screen,

I mentioned Yoshi Touch and go as a multi player where you can see what your oponents are doing.
there is another code, a puzzle game where solutions can be seen in the top screen.

Picto chat shows messages in the top screen enabling you to write on the bottom...
(yes a chat program on a games console)..

the there are other games where the screens are stacked and objects flow from screen to screen (mario 64 mini games)

Other games enable you to see maps/inventories as well as game play (mario 64 again)...

The 2 screens may be smaller bu IMHO they are a lot more usefull than one!!

I said tha tPSP loks a bit crappy purely because I think it does!! but I also think that about the DS, I'm saying the same thing as you about that, it's very much an each to his (or her) own on that one.

and it wasn't a reply to your comment, it was a reply to this one
http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=201569&postcount=48
the PSP's widescreen is way better than the DS's screens anyways (What are you gonna do? Watch movies on 2 puny screens with that horrible resolution? No.).

But responding to your quote about the screens I've listed several games that do make use of both screens...

but, (as I'm sure we can agree) the choice of style between these very much a personal choice though...

TBH I'm going to have to actually sit down with a PSP and play one for a longer while before I can comment further.

ah, yeah, sry.

I do think the two screens do have uses in some games, and I stick by that, though I stick by in my other comment that sometimes, it just isn't useful :p

Does anyone think the bottom screen would have been better being the main one and the touch screen, with the above one being foldable for some games?

nah cuz if u pressed too hard on the touch it could break or flip down or something. what do u guys think about the game "coded arms" or "metal gear acid" or "nfs underground rivals" because i plan on getting one of these when i buy my psp

They all seem pretty interesting :p

Metal Gear Acid (that a new game?, Or is this a remade Metal Gear 2?) and NFS Rivals stand out from those three.

I've never gone with Sony for consoles, but I might turn my head, especially in the next year :p

lol you should, the PS3 looks awesome and very promising and the PSP is an amazing piece of equipment. but we all know whats going to happen next. im still debating over if i wanna buy a PSP or not. the 1gb stick is going to cost $170.00 + 15%hst

"XBP"

xbox portable. thats the name microsoft will pick because they have no imagination and have to copy sony:p

Back
Top Bottom