Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-19-2005, 11:36 PM   #71
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Playstation 3 Unveiled!

I've done that with a PS one, but it was just because i was too lazy to move my dresser out so i plugged the cord in across the room,lol.

GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:38 AM   #72
Golden Master

FInally some concrete news on PS3. I'm just anxious to play Gran Turismo 5 on it.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:44 AM   #73
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

The PS3 looks pretty...but, I like the X360's round edges a bit better (although the PS3's convex shape is an improvement over the PS2's rectangular shape).
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:00 AM   #74
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz

I actually just realized how intelligent the controller is. It's designed in such a way that even people with giant bannana hands (no offense if any of you on here have them) can use it with full comfort and then people who have normal hands, can still use it because the actual handle isn't bulky and doesn't have that much girth. You could hold it from the bottom if you had really big hands and it would be fine or be like me and hold it near the top or middle and reach everything just fine. Great idea from Sony if you ask me.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:44 AM   #75
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Too bad they couldn't make it look any better...
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:54 AM   #76
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz

Bleh, I can settle for performance over looks.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:32 AM   #77
Golden Master

Performance is key. However, PS3 does have a slick looking console. The only gripe I have with it is the ugly looking controller. I mean, come on. LOoks like a ninja star or something or some miniature Klingon battle ax. I'd say bring back the old PS2 controller.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:46 AM   #78
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Yeah I agree, though you get used to the looks over time. The thing that matters is that its easier to hold and easier to play with which is what matters The looks can grow on you, just like the looks of the console can.

For instance, i quite like the looks of the playstation 3 now. Looks futuristic, and the way to go
Old 05-20-2005, 03:00 PM   #79
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to money_man

dont forget people thats probably not going to be the final look for the PS3 its just what they're showing as a possibility if im not mistaken, its very close but they'll still make some minor adjustments, flood SONY with complaints about the look of their controllers and they'll fix them
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #80
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

hehe...

Is it just me, or are some of the screenshots and movies they are showing rendered movies and not running from the computer hardware itself in real time? Which would be the point of a preview of a game coming out for a new console with excellent graphics...

Its just some videos seem too good and have been modified. because for instance, the cameras are in video sequence views...

I thought also new consoles should allow for new physics systems... why the heck on this racing game i watched, and cars crashed did they just bounce off each other?...Manufacturers are still not allowing them? Even with this?... thats going to make the difference to me, and they still don't have it...
Can't manufactuers be happy?
I mean new physics systems should be capable of actually rendering physics real time for that kind of stuff...

Plus and I'm sorry even if the games you see are early versions, the physics systems aren't half as good as I hoped and are about as good as they are now in some cases. Yeah, full explosions, great, but it also matters about when your playing to, liek with your character.

Movies I;ve seen now for both consoles, xbox 360 and ps3.
One movie where you see a car go under the floor after doing a jump (need for speed) and where when logs fall on you at one part, they seem to float in mid air while falling down and dont hit the car realistically...is it just this game?

This is what i was hoping would get better... since this is what good games are missing nowadays, a good physics engine. Half life 2's one is okay, but even i find faults in that in places hehe, though i did experiment with it alot. I stil expect better than that in new games too. Games to me seem too i dont know how to explain it, they seem to basic, and dont have enough happening, or enough...no i can't explain it...oh well.

In reality, they probably won't be that much differnt since development game houses will have to up the amount of people involved to get it half as good as the consoles can allow