Playstation 3 Unveiled!

I think it was more of GTA3's atmosphere, I mean VC bascially took everything GTA3 had and then added more to it with bikes, owning property, etc. and that was all really awesome, but I think just the way GTA3 felt, the surroundings, just everything, it felt more grimy and I dunno, I just liked it a little more.

Really cool looking but I would like to see the power it has. I heard that Xbox 360 HAS 3 Processors. WOW if that is ture I am sold on the xbox already.

Yeah, the X360 is run by 3x IBM PowerPC processors that are basically Apple G5 processors injected with steroids. They run at 3.2ghz each.

However, the PS3, as much as I hate to admit, has the slightly better graphics (only faster by a measly 50mhz). Either way, it's going to be a very tight fight for top console because both consoles have very good games coming out. Only time will tell...

yea even though the PS3 has loads of features XBOX doesnt (like bluetooth) and (blu-ray) XBOX still might win out in th games category which is what i base my buys on.

how long till they start making blu-ray disk for the computers, or do they already have them out. also will you have to get a new drive to use blu-ray disks just like DVD's needed a DVD drive?

lol yes, the drives you have right now use a red light. larger wavelengths..the blu-ray uses a blue light which is smaller wavelength and therefore the typical red wave wont be able to red or write onto them. btw they'll cost alot of money probably around $300-$400 cad

Yeah the drives seem like they'll cost alot...especailly the first lot of burners they've planned for it.

As for the CPU...s in the XBOX 360, these are very much overrated compared with the PS3's saying of the 3.2Ghz Cell processor which is much more powerful than all of X-boxes put together.

This is probably all down to the same fact of the Athlong 64's having a different clock ratio to Pentiums and so less clocks can still give the same performance. Plus it has many small CPU's to work smaller tasks to leave the big one to do bigger things.

Remember, clock ratings are superficial in all accounts. The cell processor can blow it out of the water. Have you seen the physics effects it can power? and the whole complexity of the cell itself?

Yes its true the graphics are more powerful than the XBox 360 and this can be seen to from movies I've seen. If they don't fix need for speed by the way to stop having the car going through the floor like in the movie of it, i'd be dissapointed...thats just terrible.

From reports, the graphics processor on the PS3 powered by Nvidia is more powerful than two 6800's together powered with SLI.

Alvino, please don't tell me that you actually think PS3's GPU is better only by a measly 50mhz, the core speed isn't the only factor when looking at specs, you should know this if you have an AMD. Same as Kage said about the Cell, xbox may have 3 cpu cores, but the Cell has 7 little cores that all do little tasks while the main core does the most crunching, it's a very complex chip. If anything I'd say PS3 beats it in both CPU and GPU, but not to the point where you can see real big performance gains. I suggest you go to gamespot and look at their big article of comparison where they really break down each part into paragraphs and take a good look at everything.

Back
Top Bottom