Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 03:17 PM   #1
Beta Member

Exclamation Place to download MOVIES?

hey i have a fast fast DVD burner...and i am currently using DVD shrink to do my compressing...but i don't feel like just copying them...i want to find a place to DOWNLOAD free movies...Kazaa lite and Ares are not sufficent enough, and provide horrible quality thanks if you wouldn't mind helping me!

Old 07-21-2004, 03:34 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: Place to download MOVIES?

try using a bittorrent network. dl the program azureus.. try http://isohunt.com or http://www.suprnova.org dl the torrent file and load it into azureus. but remember your dling 4 to 5 gigabyets of data so expect some time for the movie or app to finish

Old 07-21-2004, 05:26 PM   #3
Beta Member

hey thanks i am download some as we speakbut after that what do i do sorry i am kinda new at this
Old 07-21-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
Site Team

you could also have a look on www.ircspy.com (you'll need an IRC client (like mIRC) to connect to the network and use the xdcc command to erquest robots to send you the files/films
Old 07-21-2004, 09:04 PM   #5
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigt
hey i have a fast fast DVD burner...and i am currently using DVD shrink to do my compressing...but i don't feel like just copying them...i want to find a place to DOWNLOAD free movies...Kazaa lite and Ares are not sufficent enough, and provide horrible quality thanks if you wouldn't mind helping me!
To kind of bring this more into legal downloading; have you ever ponfering Movielink? It can give you full quality DVDs at cheap prices?

Beyond that; put up with the quality on Shareaza and Kazaa. If you want it for free, then you will always have to make sacrfices for that cheapness.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:58 AM   #6
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcrof

And some of us can;t use Bittorrent or related prigrams because our connections are too slow. i stepped down from cable internet to dial=up and lost a lot of my capacity for acuriing media myself.

I am now reduced to trading CD-RW disks, just liek in the old days when anime fans would trade VHS fansubs.

Howvere, I never have and neverwill download a 'current" movie that is playing in the theatres or is otherwise commecially available, and not just because I can't. The anime fansubebrs of the old days had ethics. Once ti became commercially vailable in North America, all trading in the US ceased. We were trying to enchance the efforts of the commercial companies, not take away their buisiness.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:56 AM   #7
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness

Isn't this thread kinda illegal as i know downloading music is illegal, and im sure giving links e.t.c. to places where people can get programs to illegally download music is illegal aswell. If not illegal, i would have thought it would be against the rules as it could get David into trouble. Just what i think anyway
Old 07-25-2004, 10:00 AM   #8
In Runtime

cheap fools...

go to the videostore on one of those nights where they let you hire 5dvds for 5 dollars

its a better expenditure of your time then downloading 25gigs imho.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:10 PM   #9
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Good point

<<< Thread Closed >>>